Bug in browser toolbox?

Amit Zur

Jun 16, 2015, 12:10:13 PM6/16/15
to mozilla-dev-d...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

When a window is opened with window.open or openDialog it is not recognized by the browser toolbox.
to reproduce:

1) Open the browser toolbox
2) write in the console: window.open("http://localhost") // or any other url
==> bug: the newly created window can't be inspected (but the sources CAN be debugged)

Can anyone verify that this is indeed a bug?

Thanks,
Amit

Brian Grinstead

Jun 16, 2015, 12:56:16 PM6/16/15
to Amit Zur, mozilla-dev-d...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Amit,
Can you switch to the new window using the frame picker icon at the top of the toolbox (just to the left of the split console button)? There should be an entry there for http://localhost <http://localhost/>, and changing this will also change the target for all of the panels in the toolbox.

Brian

Amit Zur

Jun 19, 2015, 11:11:21 AM6/19/15
to mozilla-dev-d...@lists.mozilla.org
Brian, thanks so much. I indeed missed this button, which I longed for ever since the chromebug days.

Although it's doing the job for me, it's still buggy at times. I'll take the time to submit a bug, but in the meantime i didn't this small screencast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjczPyP53Ng

Brian Grinstead

Jun 19, 2015, 11:18:36 AM6/19/15
to Amit Zur, mozilla-dev-d...@lists.mozilla.org

> On Jun 19, 2015, at 7:57 AM, Amit Zur <sendwi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Although it's doing the job for me, it's still buggy at times. I'll take the time to submit a bug, but in the meantime i didn't this small screencast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjczPyP53Ng <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjczPyP53Ng>

Oh, that’s not good! Looks like an issue with the highlighter. Can you please file a bug in the Inspector component with a link to that video and details about your Firefox version, OS, etc? Here’s a link to file it in the component: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Firefox&component=Developer Tools: Inspector

Brian

Patrick Brosset

Jun 20, 2015, 9:25:01 AM6/20/15
to Brian Grinstead, Amit Zur, mozilla-dev-d...@lists.mozilla.org
Yes this is indeed an issue with the highlighter. Most probably the
highlighter styles (highlighter.css) didn't get injected in the new window,
which is why the highlighter is showing black rectangles.
Filing a bug would definitely help.
Thanks
.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Brian Grinstead <bgrin...@mozilla.com>