[devtools-rfcs] DevTools telemetry.js should mirror APIs from Services.telemetry

Julian Descottes

Apr 20, 2018, 2:25:42 PM4/20/18
to dev-developer-tools
A new proposal has been posted on https://github.com/devtools-html/rfcs

subject: DevTools telemetry.js should mirror APIs from Services.telemetry
link: https://github.com/devtools-html/rfcs/issues/45

> DevTools uses a wrapper around Services.telemetry: telemetry.js. This
helper
> makes data-review complicated because our code looks very different from
> regular telemetry code. We often ask for help from data-peers to advise
us on
> Telemetry so we should make our code easy to understand for peers outside
of
> DevTools team.
>
> The goal of this RFC is to propose a renaming of our APIs to mirror
> Services.telemetry, while still keeping our helper alive.
>
> (Note: I am leaving the recently added Event telemetry APIs out of this
RFC
> for now.)
> [... read more on the issue ...]

Patrick Brosset

Apr 23, 2018, 3:06:57 AM4/23/18
to Julian Descottes, dev-developer-tools
I think this isn't the right link. I think you meant to link to
https://github.com/devtools-html/rfcs/issues/47

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 8:25 PM, Julian Descottes <jdesc...@mozilla.com>

Julian Descottes

Apr 23, 2018, 3:11:33 AM4/23/18