Getting title bar back with Australis?

Eric Shepherd

Nov 19, 2013, 9:40:59 AM11/19/13
Is there a way to get back the title bar? The scant handful of pixels
above the tabs is not enough grabby room for dragging the window around
for a guy like me who has a hard time controlling his mouse. Hand
tremors plus small targets equals problems. :)

--
Eric Shepherd
Developer Documentation Lead

WaltS

Nov 19, 2013, 10:35:04 AM11/19/13
On 11/19/2013 09:40 AM, Eric Shepherd wrote:
> Is there a way to get back the title bar? The scant handful of pixels
> above the tabs is not enough grabby room for dragging the window around
> for a guy like me who has a hard time controlling his mouse. Hand
> tremors plus small targets equals problems. :)

Enter about:config toggle "browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar" to false.

EE

Nov 20, 2013, 4:18:05 PM11/20/13
That is probably going to disappear in the future. You might be better
off with the ESR releases (24.1.1esr now). You can get the latest ESR here:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all.html

You could also try SeaMonkey, which does not do anything to the title
bar, and has the tabs below the toolbars. The latest is available here:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/

Millwood

Nov 26, 2013, 10:49:31 AM11/26/13
Eric Shepherd wrote:
> Is there a way to get back the title bar? The scant handful of pixels
> above the tabs is not enough grabby room for dragging the window around
> for a guy like me who has a hard time controlling his mouse. Hand
> tremors plus small targets equals problems. :)

bluefang has published an alpha of status4evar that restores the add-on
bar with status and lets you move icons there. I'm running the nightly
with it and so far it looks good. Thank you Bluefang.

http://files.bluefang-logic.com/firefox/status4evar-2013.11.20.21a.xpi

awf...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2014, 8:53:38 AM4/29/14
You can also re-enable the title bar by clicking the menu icon (at the very right of the url bar, looks like 3 lines), then clicking the "customize" button at the bottom, and then clicking "title bar" at the *very* bottom left.