Let's help to found Mozilla community Kashmir, India

Mahendra Shrivas

Apr 6, 2014, 2:48:33 PM4/6/14
to Tanzeel Khan, Hezron Obuchele, Lawrence Kisuuki, Lawrence Kisuuki, Michelle Thorne, Amira Dhalla, Laura Hilliger, Komal Gandhi, community-india, womoz, Gauthamraj Elango, Sara Khan, Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, Sayak Sarkar, Faisal Aziz..In Solitude, Vineel Reddy Pindi, Mozilla Webmaker list, Amir E. Aharoni
Hey All,

One of our Mozillian Tanzeel need help to organize a startup event in
Kashmir, India.

Tanzeel we are with you.

Hezron please help him how he can apply for Mozilla Reps.

Amira will guide you how to register an event and apply for swag.

Michelle and Laura please guide him so that he can organize fantastic
startup event.

My full support is with you Tanzeel.

Send me chat request for more discussion.

Cheers!

Regards,
Mahendra Shrivas
On Apr 6, 2014 6:30 PM, "Tanzeel Khan" <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I requested for a gear package to make it feel like Mozilla Event and
> make my agenda of informing people about mozilla and its products
> successfull.
> Would my gear package be accepted?We have no mozilla rep in our
> state.Can I be the one?
> Please Help....
>
> On 4/6/14, Mahendra Shrivas <mksh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Tanzeel,
> >
> > It's sound interesting if need any help feel free to contact.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mahendra Shrivas
> > On Apr 6, 2014 4:57 PM, "Tanzeel Khan" <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi guys,
> >> I am organzing maker party at S.P College Kashmir India on 17th April.
> >> This will be the first Mozilla Event in our state.
> >> know more about the event here
> https://events.webmaker.org/#!/events/3242

> http://khansara2012.blogspot.in/2014/04/mozilla-mumbai-community-meetup.html

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 6, 2014, 3:42:04 PM4/6/14
to Khorana.vikram, Mahendra Shrivas, community-india, Michelle Thorne, Laura Hilliger, Lawrence Kisuuki, womoz, Gauthamraj Elango, hezr...@gmail.com, Sara Khan, Lawrence Kisuuki, Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, Sayak Sarkar, Amira Dhalla, Faisal Aziz..In Solitude, Komal Gandhi, Vineel Reddy Pindi, Mozilla Webmaker list, Amir E. Aharoni
I am organizing Mozilla Event at S,P College Srinagar Kashmir.
I need swags for that.
As we have no Mozilla Rep in the region,so I want to be the one to
represent Mozilla in my region and help communities to organize events
and aware people about Open Source,Mozilla and its Products.
On April 17th I am Organizing Webmaker Kashmir @S.P College
more details about the event can be found here
https://events.webmaker.org/#!/events/3242
Also We have only working FSA Club in our region.Details about the
club can be found here.. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Kashmir_mozilla_club
..
I hope you will help me in being MozRep in my region and hosting the
event successfully.

Regards,
Tanzeel Khan

Vineel Reddy Pindi

Apr 8, 2014, 2:38:46 PM4/8/14
to Tanzeel Khan, Mahendra Shrivas, community-india
Hi Tanzeel,

Thanks for your interest in doing a Mozilla event. Please fill this events
request form so that our Mozilla India events team will get in touch with
you on how to best support with your event.

Event request form: http://blog.mozillaindia.org/787

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Vineel

Vineel Reddy Pindi
Community & Outreach
Community Liaison at Mozilla India <http://mozillaindia.org/> |
Mozilla Reps<https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo>Council Peer
twitter: @vineelreddy <http://twitter.com/vineelreddy/>

Dron Rathore

Apr 8, 2014, 11:05:16 PM4/8/14
to community-india, tanzee...@gmail.com, Kaustav Das Modak
Hola!

This is going to be something really awesome, all community member should
step forward for it!

@Kaustav: We can see opportunities for pre-evangelism there.

Thanks & Best Regards
Dron Rathore
UX Developer, Housing.com
Mozilla Representative

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 9, 2014, 8:04:34 AM4/9/14
to Dron Rathore, community-india, Kaustav Das Modak
Thank You Vineel,
I have submitted the Event/Speaker Request form...
To be a Mozilla Rep in my region I need To contribute to Mozilla,and I
think I am doing my best to help/contribute to Mozilla.
I am Contributing through SUMO,Affiliates,Webmaker,FSA and now I
started to contribute in Localization.In future I will contribute to
Mozilla through Web Designing
Can I reference anyone among you in MozillaRep Application form.
You can see my contributions first.
Email: tanzee...@gmail.com

Please Vouch my mozillian account:
https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/tanzeelkhan/

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 10, 2014, 11:19:30 AM4/10/14
to Dron Rathore, community-india, Kaustav Das Modak
I have submitted Event/Speaker request form,but I did not got any
confirmation mail yet.
How much time it takes?
and Please respond to my previous mail

Vineel Reddy Pindi

Apr 12, 2014, 5:10:41 AM4/12/14
to Tanzeel Khan, community-india, Dron Rathore, Kaustav Das Modak
It will take around ~1 week to review and get back on the event request.

Vineel

Vineel Reddy Pindi
Community & Outreach
Community Liaison at Mozilla India <http://mozillaindia.org/> |
Mozilla Reps<https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo>Council Peer
twitter: @vineelreddy <http://twitter.com/vineelreddy/>

Ashish Namdev

Apr 13, 2014, 1:56:09 PM4/13/14
to Vineel Reddy Pindi, community-india, Tanzeel Khan, Dron Rathore, Kaustav Das Modak
HI Tanzeel ,

Nice to know that you are organizing mozilla event

i would suggest you to have a small talk on SUMO and get people aware about
SUMO
so we can get more SUMO contributors.

please let me know if you need any help regarding SUMO talk in your event ,
any ppt or anything else.

Have a nice time , good luck :)

BR,
Ashish N

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 14, 2014, 11:13:15 PM4/14/14
to Ashish Namdev, community-india, Dron Rathore, Vineel Reddy Pindi, Kaustav Das Modak
Hi Ashish,
It would be nice if you can provide some ppt on SUMO,FSA,Webmaker and
Firefox OS.

Thank You

Sujith Reddy

Apr 15, 2014, 1:08:31 AM4/15/14
to Tanzeel Khan, community-india

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 15, 2014, 6:41:44 AM4/15/14
to Sujith Reddy, community-india
Thank you Sujith Reddy,

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 15, 2014, 7:01:28 AM4/15/14
to Sujith Reddy, community-india
As this event is going to be the first Mozilla Event in our region,
I am expecting many FOSS enthusiasts and students to join the event.
To make the event look like a mozilla event and to Invite more people
to join,I need swags.
I will give goodies to those who will win the Quiz Contest.
I am distributing Open Source OS, Softwares and some goodies to those
who will participate in the event.

Agenda of the Event will be
1.To Introduce about Mozilla,its manifesto,mission and Products like Firefox OS.
2.Firefox Student Ambassadors and Who can Join it and How..
3.HTML,CSS and Webmaker.
4.Open Source and Open Web
5.SUMO and WoMoz
6.Quiz Contest.
As we have no rep in our region,I request you to tell me how to order
swags for the event and If anyone among you can do that, I would be
thankful.

Regards,
Tanzeel Khan

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 15, 2014, 7:03:07 AM4/15/14
to Sujith Reddy, community-india
As this event is going to be the first Mozilla Event in our region,
I am expecting many FOSS enthusiasts and students to join the event.
To make the event look like a mozilla event and to Invite more people
to join,I need swags.
I will give goodies to those who will win the Quiz Contest.
I am distributing Open Source OS, Softwares and some goodies to those
who will participate in the event.

Agenda of the Event will be
1.To Introduce about Mozilla,its manifesto,mission and Products like Firefox OS.
2.Firefox Student Ambassadors and Who can Join it and How..
3.HTML, CSS and Webmaker.
4.Open Source and Open Web
5.SUMO and WoMoz
6.Quiz Contest.
As we have no rep in our region, I request you to tell me how to order
FSA swags for the event and If anyone among you can do that, I would

Shreyas Narayanan Kutty

Apr 15, 2014, 7:16:07 AM4/15/14
to Tanzeel Khan, community-india, Sujith Reddy
Hello Tanzeel,

It's wonderful to see that you're working really hard to build a community
in there. Appreciate your efforts.
Swags and budget are a cause of concern for the organization now. We
recently had this discussion at the FSA session in the Community India Meet
too. I would suggest that if maybe you could conduct your first event
without swags, showing everyone how awesome it was. The Community would
definitely recognize your contributions and efforts and assist you in a
better way with swags or budget whatever you require from the next event
onwards. I do not voice the Community and these are just my thoughts. It
would be great if anyone could place a swag request for your event.

Have a wonderful event and do let us know how it went. :)

Cheers
*Regards,*

*Shreyas N KuttySathyabma University*

*Chennai*

*A volunteer member at IEEE <http://www.ieee.org> and Computer Society
<http://www.computer.org>. An Open Source evangelist and volunteer at OSI
<http://opensource.org/>, Mozilla <http://www.mozilla.org> and Wikimedia
<http://wikimedia.org/>.*

umesh agarwal

Apr 15, 2014, 10:21:31 AM4/15/14
to Tanzeel Khan, community-india, Shreyas Narayanan Kutty
Hello Tanzeel,

Its great to see that more people are getting involved in Mozilla Community.
Your agendas looks good.

Just to inform you that at present we cannot provide you any swags if a
Mozilla Rep is not attending your event.
As Shreyas suggested it would be better if you organize this event without
swags and get awesome outcome from this event.

You can award Open Badges to participants.

I assure you if you are doing good then next time we will try to send you
some Swags.

All the best for the event.

Have a great time!

Thank You
Regards
Umesh Agarwal

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 15, 2014, 12:33:03 PM4/15/14
to umesh agarwal, community-india, Shreyas Narayanan Kutty
Thank You Umesh and Shreyas.
I will arrange...
As I am Mozillian from Jan 2013 and since then I am Contributing to
Mozilla, can I Apply for being MozillaRep in my region and Can I refer
anyone in the application form?

Sujith Reddy

Apr 15, 2014, 12:38:36 PM4/15/14
to Tanzeel Khan, community-india, Shreyas Narayanan Kutty, umesh agarwal
Feel free to apply for Reps if you think you have enough contributed
towards the foundation.

Before applying, do read: https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo

Ashish Namdev

Apr 15, 2014, 2:37:48 PM4/15/14
to Sujith Reddy, community-india, Tanzeel Khan, Shreyas Narayanan Kutty, umesh agarwal
Hi Tanzeel / Jyotishman

Nice to know that you are interested for Sumo session
in your event ,

you can find Sumo slides here :
slides.com/rajsuthar/contribution/fullscreen

Good luck for your event

BR
*Ashish Namdev*
Associate Engineer
Broadcom Corporation
Mozilla Reps , Mozilla
Twitter : *@ashish_nam <https://twitter.com/ashish_nam>
Wizpert : http://wizpert.com/AshishN

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Ashish.MSR

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 16, 2014, 10:50:34 AM4/16/14
to Abid Aboobaker, community-india, Ashish Namdev, umesh agarwal, Sujith Reddy, Shreyas Narayanan Kutty
Thank You Ashish and Abid.
As umesh said I can Award Open Badges to Participants,
Please tell me how?

Meghraj Suthar (Raj)

Apr 16, 2014, 1:40:53 PM4/16/14
Hello Tanzeel,

Awesome to see all above planing. To award a open badge to the participants is too easy. Just go through this site https://badges.mozilla.org/en-US/ and create your badge for participants. for more details http://openbadges.org/.
If you have any question you can ask.

Thanks & Regards

Meghraj Suthar
Contributor at Mozilla

Tanzeel Khan

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 16, 2014, 9:07:48 PM4/16/14
to Meghraj Suthar (Raj), communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Thank you Meghraj.

Abid Aboobaker

Apr 16, 2014, 7:18:07 AM4/16/14
to Ashish Namdev, community-india, Tanzeel Khan, umesh agarwal, Sujith Reddy, Shreyas Narayanan Kutty
Hoory!

This is something great.
Happy to know that our community is growing.

*About Swags: *Thanzeel is already registered in WebMaker
portal.<http://goo.gl/MKDzyQ>

I think then he can apply for WebMaker swags which only take 5-6 working
days
to deliver. Anyone who organise a webmaker can apply for it.

Even swags are secondary, it is a big factor in attracting new
contributors.

Anyway, Wishes Tanzeel. Ping if you want any help.

happy coding,
Abid

> > Society
> at
> > > OSI
> > > Wikimedia
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sujith Reddy
> > *Mozilla Reps- India* <https://reps.mozilla.org/u/Sujith/>
> > Twitter: @SujithReddyM <http://twitter.com/SujithReddyM>
> >
> > Get Involved with Mozilla! Give a hi5 to us!
> > http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 17, 2014, 11:00:38 AM4/17/14
to Meghraj Suthar (Raj), communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Please provide me some ppt's about WoMoz.

On 4/17/14, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Meghraj.

Meghraj Suthar

Apr 17, 2014, 11:05:34 AM4/17/14
to Tanzeel Khan, community-india
Hello Tanzeel,

Found here.... http://www.slideshare.net/priynag/womoz .

Thanking You

Regards

Meghraj Suthar

Contributor at Mozilla
Jodhpur(Raj.), India
09829410994
www.rajsuthar.in

On 17 April 2014 20:30, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please provide me some ppt's about WoMoz.
>
> On 4/17/14, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you Meghraj.

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 17, 2014, 11:09:50 AM4/17/14
to Meghraj Suthar, community-india
Thanks a lot Meghraj :)

On 4/17/14, Meghraj Suthar <meghraj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Tanzeel,
>
> Found here.... http://www.slideshare.net/priynag/womoz .
>

> Thanking You
>
> Regards
>
> Meghraj Suthar
>
> Contributor at Mozilla
> Jodhpur(Raj.), India
> 09829410994
> www.rajsuthar.in
>

> On 17 April 2014 20:30, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Please provide me some ppt's about WoMoz.
>>
>> On 4/17/14, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Thank you Meghraj.

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 19, 2014, 10:38:55 PM4/19/14
to Meghraj Suthar, community-india
If you have any B/W Mozilla Event Flyer template please post the link here

On 4/17/14, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot Meghraj :)
>
> On 4/17/14, Meghraj Suthar <meghraj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Tanzeel,
>>
>> Found here.... http://www.slideshare.net/priynag/womoz .
>>

>> Thanking You
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Meghraj Suthar
>>
>> Contributor at Mozilla
>> Jodhpur(Raj.), India
>> 09829410994
>> www.rajsuthar.in
>>

>> On 17 April 2014 20:30, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Please provide me some ppt's about WoMoz.

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 21, 2014, 5:41:25 AM4/21/14
to Meghraj Suthar, community-india
If you have any videos about Mozilla,Firefox,Firefox Student
Ambassadors,WoMoz,SUMO,Webmaker,Open Source and Linux then please
share the link.

On 4/20/14, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have any B/W Mozilla Event Flyer template please post the link here
>

> On 4/17/14, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks a lot Meghraj :)
>>
>> On 4/17/14, Meghraj Suthar <meghraj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello Tanzeel,
>>>
>>> Found here.... http://www.slideshare.net/priynag/womoz .
>>>

>>> Thanking You
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Meghraj Suthar
>>>
>>> Contributor at Mozilla
>>> Jodhpur(Raj.), India
>>> 09829410994
>>> www.rajsuthar.in

Vineel Reddy Pindi

Apr 21, 2014, 6:05:50 AM4/21/14
to Tanzeel Khan, community-india, Meghraj Suthar
Tanzeel,

Here are a few videos and links that you can share at your event:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/StudentAmbassadors/Activities/Startup_Guide#1._Introduction_to_Mozilla

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com>wrote:

> If you have any videos about Mozilla,Firefox,Firefox Student
> Ambassadors,WoMoz,SUMO,Webmaker,Open Source and Linux then please
> share the link.
>
> On 4/20/14, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you have any B/W Mozilla Event Flyer template please post the link
> here
> >

> > On 4/17/14, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Thanks a lot Meghraj :)

Tanzeel Khan

Apr 21, 2014, 1:11:52 PM4/21/14
to Vineel Reddy Pindi, community-india, Meghraj Suthar
Thank You Vineel

On 4/21/14, Vineel Reddy Pindi <pindivin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tanzeel,
>
> Here are a few videos and links that you can share at your event:
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/StudentAmbassadors/Activities/Startup_Guide#1._Introduction_to_Mozilla
>
> Vineel Reddy Pindi
> Community & Outreach
> Community Liaison at Mozilla India <http://mozillaindia.org/> |
> Mozilla Reps<https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo>Council Peer
> twitter: @vineelreddy <http://twitter.com/vineelreddy/>
>

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Tanzeel Khan
> <tanzee...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> If you have any videos about Mozilla,Firefox,Firefox Student
>> Ambassadors,WoMoz,SUMO,Webmaker,Open Source and Linux then please
>> share the link.
>>
>> On 4/20/14, Tanzeel Khan <tanzee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > If you have any B/W Mozilla Event Flyer template please post the link
>> here

Tanzeel Khan

May 3, 2014, 12:46:47 AM5/3/14
to Vineel Reddy Pindi, community-india, Meghraj Suthar
Due to LS elections and shutdown in Kashmir, we have postponed MozCamp
Kashmir Event.
We will announce new date and time for the event after 8th May '14
,when the elections will be over and shutdown will be called off
probably.

Tanzeel Khan

May 19, 2014, 10:45:18 AM5/19/14
to Vineel Reddy Pindi, community-india, Meghraj Suthar
The web gives us all the chance to be creators, makers and inventors.
So lets work together make something amazing, teach each other new
skills, and have a great time doing it.
Join our #MozCamp & learn the amazing things we can make & share on the Web.
This will be the first Mozilla Event in Kashmir.It is an open event
for all the students,teachers and Open Source Enthusiasts.
Expecting this event to be a great success.

Agenda:
• Introduction to Mozilla and How to contribute
• Open Source
• Women’s in Technology (WoMoz)
• Introduction to HTML, CSS and Webmaker
• Introduction to Firefox Student Ambassadors
• Introduction to Firefox OS and Mozilla Firefox Browser.
• Introduction to Linux OS
• PHP: Introduction and Security

Benifit for Participants:
• Become a part of Mozilla and Open Source
• Learn New Skills
• Get Bunch of Open Source Software's like Hilal Linux, Kali Linux
1.0.6, Ubuntu,
Back Track, Mozilla Firefox, GIMP photo editor, Open Office,
Openfiler, Foxit Reader, freeBSD 9.2, Sense 2.1, PCLinuxOS,
openSUSE 13.1, Clone Zilla etc...
• Open Badge for every participant.

Venue:
Information Technology Lab-I, S.P College M.A Road Srinagar Jammu and
Kashmir, 190001.

Date and Time: Thursday 22nd May 2014 at 1:30 p.m

Register Now: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1v_1U5x-fhF-wOuLp9LmzEK1w_n9327wcQBB2G-Ce2tw/viewform

Get Social:
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mozillacalub ,
www.facebook.com/mozillakashmir
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/khantanzeel
Flickr,Facebook, Twitter hashtag: #MozKashmir, #MozCampKashmir, #KMC

Firefox Club Wiki Page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Kashmir_mozilla_club
Event Wiki Page:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/StudentAmbassadors/Events/MozCampKashmir2014