A-Frame Bug Fixing Contest

Shagufta Gurmukhdas

Jun 10, 2017, 2:54:27 AM6/10/17
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Mozilla India!

We are inviting all the new developers as well as everyone else interested
in contributing, to take part in the *A-Frame bug fixing contest.* A quick
description for those who don't know, A-Frame is an open-source web
framework for building virtual reality experiences for the web[1]. Your
tasks will involve checking the open good-first-bugs in the A-Frame
framework[2] as well as the A-Frame official website[3]. Bonus points for
fixing advanced bugs! [4] ;)

•*Steps to get started:*

°°Visit the links [2] and [3] and comment "I want to work on this" on the
issue you decide to work upon.

°°Ask for help if you need. You will get enough help from the A-Frame team
as well as the WebVR-India team.

°°Once you have fixed the issue, report the pull request link to the
community as well, using the issue 33 under volunteer-contributions[5].

•*What's in it for you?*

°°Contributors who resolve the maximum number of bugs (Top 5), will get a
Sony Xperia Z3C to hack and explore!

°°Amongst the remaining ones, the contributors who have fixed a minimum of
three bugs will get a special T-shirt from WebVR India!

And this doesn't just end here! While fixing these bugs you will get more
familiar with the codebase of A-frame, which will enhance your skills as
well as be a great help for the exciting open-source project. As you
continue, you will be able to fix a lot more bugs for A-Frame as well as
develop for awesome features for the framework. And eventually you become a
'WebVR Hack Star', who can guide others to become like them!

So what are you waiting for, jump on the links right away and get started!

[1] https://aframe.io

[2] https://github.com/aframevr/aframe/labels/help%20wanted%20%28easy%29

[3]
https://github.com/aframevr/aframe-site/labels/help%20wanted%20%28easy%29

[4] https://github.com/aframevr/aframe/labels/help%20wanted%20%28hard%29

[5] https://github.com/webvr-india/volunteer-contributions/issues/33

*For any queries whatsoever, contact *:

- methwani...@gmail.com (or @shaguftamethwani on telegram)
- shahbaza...@gmail.com (or @mdsbzalam on telegram)

shahbaza...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2017, 1:54:33 PM7/20/17
Hello Everyone, as participants are still working on bugs and due to community demand we are extending the contest deadline.

New Deadline: 31st July 2017

Here are the updates regarding this contest:

1. Please submit your work on this issue https://github.com/webvr-india/volunteer-contributions/issues/33
2. We need a volunteer who can design T-shirt for this campaign.
3. Participants can also file issues on their own and solve them if you don't want to solve the ones that are already listed.