Announcing Policy and Advocacy Task Force

Anivar Aravind

May 21, 2015, 5:04:38 AM5/21/15
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Dear Mozillians,

I am happy to announce the formation of Mozilla India Policy and Advocacy
Task Force in last task force meetup [1] held in Bangalore from May 8-10,
2015.

Many Mozillians in India were active in Internet related policy and
advocacy issues in their individual capacities in past few years. We
haven't organized this as a group earlier but we always fought together
joining hands with all like minded groups and individuals whenever there
was a threat to Internet. The whole net neutrality debate in India was a
huge learning experience for our community. We were able to gather two
major insights from this:

- The need for intervening in Policy related discussions in India.

- Educating the Mozilla Community in India and general public about
Advocacy topics related to Internet and open Web and build a team who can
advocate about the same.

Below given are the key focus of this task force.

*Key Focus*:

- Addressing and engaging with Govt and Institutional policies related
to Internet, Open Source, Open Standards, Privacy, Security etc with a
clear focus aligning with the Mozilla Manifesto.

- Spreading awareness on Internet related policy issues to mozillians
and general public.

- Build and run an education program surrounding Internet related policy
& advocacy issues and increase awareness.

You can find More details of the task force at
https://wiki.mozilla.org/India/task_force/Policy_and_Advocacy

We also request all community members to dedicate one slot in all mozilla
events happening in the country. So we can actively build a strong
community who understands and value the open Web.

*Join *

If you are interested in Joining in Policy and advocacy task force, please
add your names to this working etherpad
https://india.etherpad.mozilla.org/Mozilla-India-TaskForce-Policy-Advocacy

*IRC Meeting*

We have scheduled our first IRC meeting tomorrow:
When: 22nd May Friday, 9PM IST
Where: #advocacy-in
http://discourse.webmaker.org/t/teach-the-web-talks-create-change-start-a-petition-to-mobilize-support-around-the-world/1445
<http://discourse.webmaker.org/t/teach-the-web-talks-create-change-start-a-petition-to-mobilize-support-around-the-world/1445on>
on
<http://discourse.webmaker.org/t/teach-the-web-talks-create-change-start-a-petition-to-mobilize-support-around-the-world/1445on>
irc.mozilla.org or https://scrollback.io/mozilla-advocacy-in
Anyone who is interested in Policy and Advocacy Task force, please join us
tomorrow at 9.00 PM.

~ regardshttp://
discourse.webmaker.org/t/teach-the-web-talks-create-change-start-a-petition-to-mobilize-support-around-the-world/1445

Anivar A Aravind
Owner, Policy and Advocacy Task Force

[1]http://wiki.mozillaindia.org/Events/Mozilla-India-taskforce-meetup15

Anivar Aravind

May 21, 2015, 5:53:28 AM5/21/15
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Where: #advocacy-in on irc.mozilla.org or
https://scrollback.io/mozilla-advocacy-in
Anyone who is interested in Policy and Advocacy Task force, please join us
tomorrow at 9.00 PM.

~ regards

Anivar A Aravind
Owner, Policy and Advocacy Task Force

[1]http://wiki.mozillaindia.org/Events/Mozilla-India-taskforce-meetup15

Sorry for 2 rangom links in previous post. So reposting

Akshay S Dinesh

May 22, 2015, 5:20:55 AM5/22/15
to Anivar Aravind, communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Hey lovely people,

This is a reminder about the Policy & Advocacy IRC Meet tonight

* Time*: 2100 IST (9 PM)
* Channel*: #advocacy-in (also available on
https://scrollback.io/mozilla-advocacy-in )
* Agenda*: https://india.etherpad.mozilla.org/Policy-Advocacy-22-May-2015

See you there.

--
Akshay

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Anivar Aravind <anivar....@gmail.com>

Akshay S Dinesh

May 23, 2015, 11:32:21 AM5/23/15
to Anivar Aravind, communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi again!

Yesterday's meet went for over 2 hours and a lot of things were discussed
and planned.

For those who missed it, you can read the minutes at
https://india.etherpad.mozilla.org/Policy-Advocacy-22-May-2015

The most important parts were:
* Inlcuding one slot in any event we Mozillians organize
* Creating teaching kits and other resources
* Preparing a list of speakers (please help us, evangelism guys!)
* Monthly community calls - every second Saturday, 10pm IST
* Two focussed events in June

More details at:
https://india.etherpad.mozilla.org/Policy-Advocacy-22-May-2015

We have had many more people joining the task force in the last couple of
days and you're welcome to join if you're interested to contribute. Please
go through the wiki for more details:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/India/task_force/Policy_and_Advocacy

Thrilled,
ASD