[NEED INFO] Localization dashboard

Jaipradeesh

Jun 17, 2015, 4:56:23 AM6/17/15
to Community India
Localization team,

IIRC, there was a proposal for localization dashboard for Indian languages.
Do you have any notes on what exactly are you expecting and how exactly
should it look like?

Will spend some of my spare time to implement the same in the coming days.

Let me know!

--
Jai [:dolftax]
http://dolftax.com

Kaustav Das Modak

Jun 17, 2015, 6:06:51 AM6/17/15
to community-india
Sayak had been working on it. He almost had it ready AFAIK. You can take it
from there.

Kaustav Das Modak,
Co-founder, Applait
Mozilla Representative and Open Source Evangelist

Ph: +91 74060 10110
Web: http://kaustavdm.in / http://applait.com

Kumar Rishav

Jun 17, 2015, 9:52:48 AM6/17/15
to community-india
Hi,
We discussed same at task force meet up. What sayak worked on , was the
collections of all related links at one place (IIRC).
But localization team need something different.

For now, they want the localization status of different projects from
various localizing tool (like pootle or others whereever it's hosted)in a
dashboard.

Best,

Meghraj Suthar

Jun 20, 2015, 1:18:12 AM6/20/15
to Kumar Rishav, community-india, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Ani Peter, Faisal Aziz
Hi Rishav,

As we talked in TF-15 regarding the dashboard of current status of all l10n
projects from all localization platform, so that we can easily track the
status. And also if we can get the contribution details of localizers by
monthly or weekly. It will also help us to track the individual status.

If you people need more description let us know. Ani, Faisal will also be
ready to share ideas.

Have Great Time!

Thanking You

Regards

Meghraj Suthar

Mozilla Rep at Mozilla
Jodhpur(Raj.), India
09829410994
http://www.rajsuthar.in/

Kumar Rishav

Jun 20, 2015, 3:30:34 AM6/20/15
to Meghraj Suthar, community-india, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Faisal Aziz, Ani Peter
Regarding dashboard to track contribution. We also discussed this in TF 15.
Ane told that contribution in localization is distributed and it's
difficult to track their contribution as some of contribution are offline
too. (I don't remember much, but there were other reason too).
So, she suggested to track the contribution in a doc and update it manually.

Cheers,

Soumya Deb

Jun 21, 2015, 2:58:49 PM6/21/15
to Kumar Rishav, Sayak Sarkar, community-india, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Faisal Aziz, Ani Peter
CC'd Sayak, in case he's missing out on this one.

It may help to transfer his repo to gh/MozillaIndia, for better visivility
& contrib-mgmt.
It's a very potent project lying stagnant for far too long.
--
*Soumya Deb*
*http://debs.io/ <http://debs.io>*

omshiva...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2015, 8:02:20 AM6/22/15
to Soumya Deb, community-india, Shahid Farooqui, Kumar Rishav, Rajesh Ranjan, Sayak Sarkar, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Faisal Aziz, Ani Peter
Hi Kumar,

During TF meetup, we decided to show all locale's status for the main
projects at least FF, Fennec, FFOS localization status of all Indic
languages in one place. Currently to check this, we have to traverse to
each locale page see the example for kn [1]. During TF meetup, we created a
spreadsheet [2] to list all the links to various projects used for
Localization. We can make these locations easily accessible by anyone who
is joining the localization TF or the respective teams. That would be a
great plus for the localization project as it is little hard for newbies to
understand the current focus or priorities or even the project that need
localization. You can also see the bugzilla bugs for respective locale's,
Webparts pending strings etc in [1]. Hope this helps you to kick start.
While others can add to this.

1) https://l10n.mozilla.org/teams/kn#webdashboard
2)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RGyuIjWqfYBDv_IBJy1L1hjj1gjYP5HQk1JCGSNic4s/edit#gid=1908028368
--
With Best Regards,
Omshivaprakash.H.L | ಓಂ ಶಿವಪ್ರಕಾಶ್ ಎಚ್. ಎಲ್ | ॐ शिवप्रकाश् एच्. एल्

http://platonic.techfiz.info
http://blog.shivu.in
Phone: 91- 9902026518

linuxaayana.net | kindarajogi.com | sanchaya.net

Jaipradeesh

Jun 22, 2015, 9:29:39 AM6/22/15
to omshiva...@gmail.com, community-india, Shahid Farooqui, Kumar Rishav, Rajesh Ranjan, Sayak Sarkar, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, Ani Peter, chandrakant dhutadmal, Soumya Deb, Faisal Aziz
Om,

I wasn't aware of this localization tool - https://l10n.mozilla.org/teams/

Questions:
- If there is already a tool which can clearly show the complete status,
why do we need a separate tool?
- The spreadsheet ( http://is.gd/Ho8AOI ) is more of an information page.
This goes well with wiki.mozilla.org/localization (or) are you suggesting
we should have a static page which could display the data?

What are we missing here?
Jai [:dolftax]
http://dolftax.com

Kumar Rishav

Jun 22, 2015, 9:42:29 AM6/22/15
to Jai Pradeesh, community-india, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, Sayak Sarkar, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Ani Peter, Faisal Aziz, Soumya Deb, omshiva...@gmail.com
Hi Jai,
If I am not wrong , then localization team want a dashboard (mainly for new
contributors), where they can check the status of different projects at one
place.
So that they don't have to navigate from one localizing tool to another
because most of time new contributor get confused in these .

Cheers,

omshiva...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2015, 9:44:56 AM6/22/15
to Jaipradeesh, community-india, Shahid Farooqui, Kumar Rishav, Rajesh Ranjan, Sayak Sarkar, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, Ani Peter, chandrakant dhutadmal, Soumya Deb, Faisal Aziz
Jai,

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 6:59 PM, Jaipradeesh <jaipr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Om,
>
> I wasn't aware of this localization tool - https://l10n.mozilla.org/teams/
>

>> To know any data on Indic project status, we have to traverse through
each locale link. We wanted a consolidated page where we can see the
localization status of all Indic projects overview in one place.

> Questions:
> - If there is already a tool which can clearly show the complete status,
> why do we need a separate tool?
>

>> We are not looking at a new tool altogether. We nee a place where we can
see a consolidated status of projects.

> - The spreadsheet ( http://is.gd/Ho8AOI ) is more of an information page.
> This goes well with wiki.mozilla.org/localization (or) are you suggesting
> we should have a static page which could display the data?
>

>> We created teh spreadsheet to collate the data and make it available in
Localization wiki's etc. This can help you find the data points to create
the dashboard. If we can accomadate in a static page, that would be a good
starting point as well for newbies or we can send them to team pages to
find the data.

Hope this helps.

omshiva...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2015, 9:46:52 AM6/22/15
to Kumar Rishav, community-india, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, Sayak Sarkar, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Soumya Deb, Faisal Aziz, Ani Peter
Kumar,
Yes, you got it right. As we discussed earlier in the meetup - finding the
complete statistics on the contribution from various channels is difficult
and that is when we restricted the scope for having a centralized dashboard
for indic projects.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Kumar Rishav <rish...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jai,
> If I am not wrong , then localization team want a dashboard (mainly for
> new contributors), where they can check the status of different projects at
> one place.
> So that they don't have to navigate from one localizing tool to another
> because most of time new contributor get confused in these .
>
> Cheers,
> On 22 Jun 2015 18:59, "Jaipradeesh" <jaipr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Om,
>>
>> I wasn't aware of this localization tool -
>> https://l10n.mozilla.org/teams/
>>
>> Questions:
>> - If there is already a tool which can clearly show the complete status,
>> why do we need a separate tool?
>> - The spreadsheet ( http://is.gd/Ho8AOI ) is more of an information
>> page. This goes well with wiki.mozilla.org/localization (or) are you
>> suggesting we should have a static page which could display the data?

omshiva...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2015, 9:55:30 AM6/22/15
to Kumar Rishav, community-india, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, Sayak Sarkar, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Soumya Deb, Faisal Aziz, Ani Peter
Between - Pootle has been upgraded to new version and it shows the highest
contributors and we might have some hooks to find the highest contributors
for the individual locale as well.

Check this out! http://mozilla.locamotion.org

Anivar Aravind

Jun 22, 2015, 1:46:45 PM6/22/15
to omshiva...@gmail.com, community-india, Shahid Farooqui, Kumar Rishav, Rajesh Ranjan, Sayak Sarkar, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, Ani Peter, chandrakant dhutadmal, Soumya Deb, Faisal Aziz
There are 2 major places for string translation .

http://mozilla.locamotion.org

and
https://localize.mozilla.org/

And In addition to that Webparts is there

SUMO have translations without quality control

Now contributions is localization is not counted for lMozilla India
eaderboard at http://devs.mozillaindia.org/leaderboard/

Building a tool fo inian language contrbutions or merging it with
leaderboard will be really good starting point

Anivar

Sayak Sarkar

Jun 29, 2015, 1:51:39 PM6/29/15
to Anivar Aravind, community-india, Shahid Farooqui, Kumar Rishav, Rajesh Ranjan, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, Ani Peter, chandrakant dhutadmal, omshiva...@gmail.com, Faisal Aziz, Soumya Deb
Hey Guys,

Thanks for resuming discussions around this project. Going through the
thread, a lot of good points have been raised here and as such I guess I
can throw some more loght on it, since I did do quite a bit of extensive
research on the requirements and technicalities around the project.

Since there is a bit too much to discussed around the project, I'd like to
propose that we have a call sometime soon to discuss the subject in
details. @Jai, @Rishav, can you guys let me know what would be a good time
for you guys?

Regards,
Sayak

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Anivar Aravind <anivar....@gmail.com>
wrote:
--
Homepage: http://sayak.in
About Me: http://about.me/sayak_sarkar

Kumar Rishav

Jun 29, 2015, 9:20:19 PM6/29/15
to Sayak Sarkar, community-india, Anivar Aravind, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Ani Peter, Faisal Aziz, Soumya Deb, omshiva...@gmail.com
Hi Sayak,
I am fine with any date n time after 2nd July (won't have access to laptop
till then).
See, what time is good for jai.

Cheers,

Jaipradeesh

Jun 30, 2015, 1:10:25 AM6/30/15
to Kumar Rishav, community-india, Anivar Aravind, Soumya Deb, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, Sayak Sarkar, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Ani Peter, Faisal Aziz, omshiva...@gmail.com
I'm live in #india almost all the time. Whenever you guys are free, we can
talk there.

Kumar Rishav

Jul 2, 2015, 11:22:59 PM7/2/15
to Jai Pradeesh, Sayak Sarkar, community-india, Anivar Aravind, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Ani Peter, Faisal Aziz, Soumya Deb, Omshivaprakash H L
Hey Sayak,
So, when we planned for irc meet?
Cheers

Jaipradeesh

Jul 6, 2015, 2:41:02 AM7/6/15
to Kumar Rishav, community-india, Anivar Aravind, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, Sayak Sarkar, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Ani Peter, Faisal Aziz, Soumya Deb, Omshivaprakash H L
- Status
Repository initiated - https://github.com/MozillaIndia/Phineas

- Next
- List down the necessary features (no paragraphs, please!)
- A basic UI mockup

- Ref
- https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/webstatus/#structure-of-the-json-file
- https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/webdashboard

Kumar Rishav

Jul 8, 2015, 4:07:55 AM7/8/15
to Jaipradeesh, community-india, Anivar Aravind, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, Sayak Sarkar, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Ani Peter, Faisal Aziz, Soumya Deb, Omshivaprakash H L
Hey Localisation people,
-List down the necessary features (no paragraphs, please!)

one more question,
how it's different from - https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/webdashboard ?
--
Kumar Rishav
Mozilla Representative - ReMo Mozilla Reps

Sayak Sarkar

Jul 8, 2015, 8:54:38 AM7/8/15
to community-india, Anivar Aravind, Shahid Farooqui, Rajesh Ranjan, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Ani Peter, Faisal Aziz, Soumya Deb, omshiva...@gmail.com, Jaipradeesh, Kumar Rishav
Jul 14, 2015, 6:03:58 AM7/14/15
to Sayak Sarkar, community-india, Anivar Aravind, Shahid Farooqui, Kumar Rishav, Rajesh Ranjan, Meghraj Suthar, dev-l...@lists.mozilla.org, chandrakant dhutadmal, Ani Peter, Faisal Aziz, omshiva...@gmail.com
Clearing needinfo: don't have anything particularly helpful (and unobvious)
to add here, so far.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 6:24 PM, Sayak Sarkar <sayak.b...@gmail.com>