Getting Started with Rust

vigneshwer dhinakaran

Apr 8, 2017, 3:04:05 PM4/8/17
to Mozilla Community
Hi Guys,

I am just dropping by to share few Rust resource materials which are
primarily focussed on helping mozillians in our community to learn and
mobilize Rust language in their respective local regions.

It's actually good time to take up Rust events as "Dive into Rust" [1] is a
MozActivate campaign activity and is a good contribution area with a lot of
impact in terms of evangelizing Mozilla's emerging technologies.

*PFB few Rust Resources,*

Slides:

- Rust: Making system programming great again [2]
- Basic introduction to Rust [3]

Official Documentation:

- The Rust Book [4]
- Rust by example [5]

RustIndia curated content:

- RustIndia Github Repo [6]
- Self-explanatory Rust code samples for hands-on workshop [7]

Ways to keep yourself updated with Rust news,

- Follow all the latest news/discussions at Rust Reddit Channel [8]
- Post your doubts in Rust discourse [9] & #rust IRC channel
- Follow @rustlang [10] in twitter
- Subscribe to this week in Rust [11] newsletter
- Create yourself a rustaceans profile [12]
- Join the RustIndia telegram channel [13]

Please feel free to reach out in the case of any queries and give PR's to
the community Github Repo.

Happy Rust Hacking :)

[1] https://activate.mozilla.community/rust-hack/
[2]
https://dvigneshwer.github.io/files/Deep_drive_into_Rust_programming_language.pdf
[3] http://angrylawyer.github.io/a-dabblers-adventures-in-rust/#slide1
[4] https://doc.rust-lang.org/book/
[5] http://rustbyexample.com/
[6] https://github.com/MozillaTN/Rust/
[7] https://github.com/MozillaTN/Rust/tree/master/long_demo
[8] https://www.reddit.com/r/rust/
[9] https://users.rust-lang.org/
[10] https://twitter.com/rustlang
[11] https://this-week-in-rust.org/
[12] https://github.com/nrc/rustaceans.org
[13] https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEFQaXicCPeaeVIm_Q

P.S. On a personal note, Rust is a great programming language which has
helped me a lot to write better and discipline code. I wish you all a fast
Rust learning curve.

--
Thanks & Regards,

*Vigneshwer Dhinakaran*
eMail :- dvign...@gmail.com

Prathamesh Chavan

Apr 9, 2017, 5:21:03 AM4/9/17
to vigneshwer dhinakaran, Mozilla Community
Thank you so much for sharing this Vigneshwer!

I'm sure this will help us a lot. :)

Thanks!