Re: To be done and deployed - Mozilla community India tools

Avik Pal

May 13, 2015, 2:05:40 PM5/13/15
to Jaipradeesh, Community India
Hi Jai,

Its a great take on the present going of things- just a few things I would
like to mention.

1. Do you have something in mind- a data format/structure to be specific?

2. If we continue using Google form then an email response can easily be
triggered using a form script
which is pretty straightforward and requires very minimal set up.

3. This can always be done with focus on the fact that local community
members may miss updates on happenings in our "sun shine" country
from a little more overwhelming number of feeds
in http://planet.mozillareps.org/- then again this is a more of a
requirement analysis- I will leave
it out for others to decide.

Avik Pal
​
Mozilla Rep & Developer Evangelist​

On 13 May 2015 at 20:44, Jaipradeesh <jaipr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> These are the tasks to be done and deployed.
>
> - Vibe
> Rewrite the Vibe (or) make it better. Better I mean, As of now, it
> fetches the data and stores it up as plain text and UI fetches from local
> data, which is bad.
>
> - Events Contact form
> A contact form like this [1] embedded in events.mozillaindia.org ,
> which onSubmit should send e-mail to list of `event task force` members. We
> could use Mandrill API.
>
> - planet.mozillaindia.org
> ​ Curate the list of posts by Indian community members and display like
> this [2]​. Question: Is this necessary?
>
> ​Let me know what do you think. Ideas, maybe?
>
> Also, we got some potential guys into the technical task force​ o/
>

> ​[1]
>
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1K-ssC-rXTiRYNr9gbhAxjCSlMRRct7hzM_QnZH2Bs8A/viewform
> ​
>
> ​[2] http://planet.mozillareps.org/​
>
> --
> Jai [:dolftax]
> http://dolftax.com

Kaustav Das Modak

May 13, 2015, 2:07:56 PM5/13/15
to community-india
Guys, can we move this over to community-india-dev?

Abhiram Ravikumar

May 16, 2015, 1:41:08 PM5/16/15
to community-india, Jai Pradeesh, ma...@abhiramrk.com
Hi Jai,

Could you tell more about 'Vibe'? Any links to the project/feature would be
helpful.

Thank you.

--
Regards,
Abhiram Ravikumar

Ayan Choudhury

May 16, 2015, 4:30:49 PM5/16/15
to Abhiram Ravikumar, community-india, ma...@abhiramrk.com
Hi Abhiram,

You can go through this stuff - https://github.com/MozillaIndia/vibe

It may help you..

*Thanks & Regards,*

*Ayan <https://www.facebook.com/ayan.choudhury.7>ayanchoudhury.github.io
<http://ayanchoudhury.github.io/>Twitter Handle - @technoayan
<https://twitter.com/technoayan>Contact - +91-9874624549 | +91-8981459199*

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 11:10 PM, Abhiram Ravikumar <abhi1...@gmail.com>

Priyanka Nag

May 18, 2015, 6:59:56 AM5/18/15
to Ayan Choudhury, community-india, ma...@abhiramrk.com, Abhiram Ravikumar
Hey all,

The Docs team doesn't have access to the Wiki database and pulling out
pages manually (by going to pages and copy pasting content to keep back-up)
doesn't sound like the right way to do it at all. Not sure how we are
planning to go about with this, but just saying that the docs team has not
taken any backup yet!
--
Regards,
Priyanka Nag

Website: priynag.in
Blog: priyankaivy.blogspot.in/

Kaustav Das Modak

May 18, 2015, 7:38:41 AM5/18/15
to Priyanka Nag, community-india, ma...@abhiramrk.com, Ayan Choudhury, Abhiram Ravikumar
Which is why I had raised the concern about the backup and restore
strategies earlier.

Can you ensure that the content in the wiki are spam free? That way,
migration will become more of a DevOps task.

Priyanka Nag

May 18, 2015, 7:49:01 AM5/18/15
to Kaustav Das Modak, community-india, ma...@abhiramrk.com, Ayan Choudhury, Abhiram Ravikumar
The content in the wiki is ofcourse not spam-free. Thats the entire reason
why this migration is needed. There are relevant pages as well as loads of
spam pages, which are like the left-overs from the last spam attack on the
wiki.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Kaustav Das Modak <kau...@codebinders.com>

Kaustav Das Modak

May 18, 2015, 8:06:54 AM5/18/15
to Priyanka Nag, community-india, ma...@abhiramrk.com, Ayan Choudhury, Abhiram Ravikumar
In that case, keeping manual copies of the articles is a better option. Any
other suggestions are welcome.

Vasuki Vardhan

May 18, 2015, 12:57:56 PM5/18/15
to Kaustav Das Modak, Priyanka Nag, community-india, ma...@abhiramrk.com, Ayan Choudhury, Abhiram Ravikumar
Hi guys

I think i can help you guys by taking the backup of the wiki onto my Amazon
Servers and serve the data back as per the requirements.

Regards
Vasuki Vardhan

On Monday 18 May 2015, Kaustav Das Modak <kau...@codebinders.com> wrote:

> In that case, keeping manual copies of the articles is a better option. Any
> other suggestions are welcome.
> On 18-May-2015 5:18 pm, "Priyanka Nag" <pri...@gmail.com <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > The content in the wiki is ofcourse not spam-free. Thats the entire
> reason
> > why this migration is needed. There are relevant pages as well as loads
> of
> > spam pages, which are like the left-overs from the last spam attack on
> the
> > wiki.
> >
> > On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Kaustav Das Modak <
> > kau...@codebinders.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> >> Which is why I had raised the concern about the backup and restore
> >> strategies earlier.
> >>
> >> Can you ensure that the content in the wiki are spam free? That way,
> >> migration will become more of a DevOps task.

> <javascript:;>>

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Priyanka Nag
> > Technical Writer, Red Hat
> > Contact : +91- 7385080729
> >
> > Website: priynag.in
> > Blog: priyankaivy.blogspot.in/

Kaustav Das Modak

May 18, 2015, 1:12:41 PM5/18/15
to Vasuki Vardhan, Priyanka Nag, community-india, ma...@abhiramrk.com, Ayan Choudhury, Abhiram Ravikumar
Vasuki, that's not the issue.

I'd ask folks to wait for Deb to pitch in.
On 18-May-2015 10:27 pm, "Vasuki Vardhan" <vasukiv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I think i can help you guys by taking the backup of the wiki onto my
> Amazon Servers and serve the data back as per the requirements.
>
> Regards
> Vasuki Vardhan
>
> On Monday 18 May 2015, Kaustav Das Modak <kau...@codebinders.com> wrote:
>
>> In that case, keeping manual copies of the articles is a better option.
>> Any
>> other suggestions are welcome.
>> On 18-May-2015 5:18 pm, "Priyanka Nag" <pri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > The content in the wiki is ofcourse not spam-free. Thats the entire
>> reason
>> > why this migration is needed. There are relevant pages as well as loads
>> of
>> > spam pages, which are like the left-overs from the last spam attack on
>> the
>> > wiki.

>> https://github.com/MozillaIndia/vibe

>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> > Priyanka Nag
>> > Technical Writer, Red Hat
>> > Contact : +91- 7385080729
>> >
>> > Website: priynag.in
>> > Blog: priyankaivy.blogspot.in/

Jaipradeesh

Jun 5, 2015, 6:47:23 PM6/5/15
to Avik Pal, Community India
Avik,

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 11:35 PM, Avik Pal <avikp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jai,
>
> Its a great take on the present going of things- just a few things I would
> like to mention.
>
> 1. Do you have something in mind- a data format/structure to be specific?

​https://github.com/MozillaIndia/vibe​

> 2. If we continue using Google form then an email response can easily be
> triggered using a form script
> which is pretty straightforward and requires very minimal set up.

..and could be just embedded somewhere in mozillaindia.org​

​.​ Makes sense.

> 3. This can always be done with focus on the fact that local community
> members may miss updates on happenings in our "sun shine" country
> from a little more overwhelming number of feeds
> in http://planet.mozillareps.org/- then again this is a more of a
> requirement analysis- I will leave
> it out for others to decide.

​