MozWOC17 Session 3

1 view

viswaprasath

Jul 27, 2017, 3:43:46 PM7/27/17
to community-india, Mozillians Tamilnadu
Dear all,

On July 28th 2017 we will have our 3rd session to discuss about
WebExtensions.

Time: 8:30- 9:30

Agenda
What are WebExtensions.
Configuring Firefox Nightly
Running a simple WebExtensions.
Discussing of manifest.json

Thank you

Sent from Mobile sorry for typo

viswaprasath

Jul 28, 2017, 8:24:14 AM7/28/17
to community-india, Mozillians Tamilnadu
Hey All,

If you are wondering how to join, simple visit
http://mozillatn.github.io/chat/

Pick up a nick name

And start chatting.

Waiting to see you all

Thank you

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 1:13 AM, viswaprasath <shihan...@gmail.com>
wrote:
--
Web is open so Code is poetry
http://iamvp7.github.io/

viswaprasath

Jul 29, 2017, 2:53:44 PM7/29/17
to community-india, Mozillians Tamilnadu
Dear All,

Thanks for joining third session on friday night. Some of you might have
missed the session. So sharing the video we watched and giving the first
task.

*Learn from below videos*

- What are WebExtension https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUToENHAX7s

- Running WebExtension in Firefox and Chrome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPhZF7kOR3k&feature=youtu.be

- Simple WebExtension Code flow https://youtu.be/43n67zzgWsk

*First Task details is below*

- Fork the repo https://github.com/iamVP7/MozWOC17

- Learn the code
https://github.com/iamVP7/MozWOC17/tree/master/session3-lab1/url-override

- Simple WebExtension Code flow https://youtu.be/43n67zzgWsk

- You have to redesign a new HTML which will be showed when we open new
tab.

- You have to add the send pull request by adding your screenshot in
below file

-
https://github.com/iamVP7/MozWOC17/blob/master/session3-lab1/url-override/README.md

Will be happy to help in case of any doubts or need clarification.

Thank you

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 5:54 PM, viswaprasath <shihan...@gmail.com>