Re: The much awaited provisional meta team meeting

1 view

Subhashish Panigrahi

Dec 29, 2016, 2:29:44 PM12/29/16
to community-india
Dear all,

We have a quick update to share before this year ends.

There is some good progress with the community restructuring process --
thanks to all those who participated in sharing their ideas for activities.

We have now a landing wiki that will serve as a canonical platform.[1] This
page has a brief summary of the entire process and its outcome. We would
love to hear your inputs to better it.

The Discussion page of the same wiki has details of all the teams.[2] Each
of the Functional and Focus team has their own page e.g. [3]. These team
pages are owned by the respective team members. Each team can list down the
active team members, share their strategy, goals, activities, and reports,
etc. The provisional meta team would love to help set up a centralized
form-based sign up process that will help each team recruit new members to
the community.

We have added all the community members that had participated in the first
round of the ideation exercise into different teams that they showed
interest in. But many of you who did not participate earlier can still fill
out the form [4] or share directly in the discussion page under the "Ideas"
section.[5]

Please feel free to add yourself to the functional/focus groups in the team
pages based on the activities you are already doing and are interested to
participate in the future. Though there is no limit to how much one can
contribute by being part of many teams, you might want to prioritize and
join two-three teams to start with.

We are committed to bring diversity and inclusion as a major outcome of
this process. So, please encourage your fellow Mozillians, especially those
who shy away from sharing publicly, to participate and share their ideas
here and join their teams in the team page e.g. [3]

Now that there is a public wiki, please feel free to share with the
provisional meta team any questions/concerns you might have.[6]

Last but not the least, four Mozillians have showed interest to join the
provisional meta team and offer their support to better this exercise. We
are working on creating a process to learn about their abilities to take
active lead on some upcoming tasks.

The provisional meta team, as you might have observed from earlier
discussions, will lead into creating a permanent meta team. We are yet to
finalize on the actual process but will surely share when we have something
solid.

Please do reach out to me if you would like to share/discuss anything with
me. My contact details are in my sign.

Thank you all and wish you a very happy new year in advance!

1. https://wiki.mozilla.org/India/restructured
2. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Talk:India/restructured
3. https://wiki.mozilla.org/India/restructured/Functional/Futur
e_technology_and_products