Points to be noted for Restructure of Mozilla India

Dyvik Chenna

Jan 2, 2017, 1:57:27 PM1/2/17
to community-india, Subhashish Panigrahi
Hey all,

It’s a new year and hope all of you are aware of restructure of Mozilla
India and many things have already implemented but some things always
remain incomplete when forming big goals.

My thorough analysis and things that are to be added for the betterment of
restructure:

· *Starting from basic Operations and Infrastructure team*. In big
organizations we always have these as two different fields and combining
them together arises many difficulties as we already noticed in our earlier
discussions.

o Here is the basic draft that I’ve made for operations and
infrastructure and it is not able to fulfil infrastructure needs I always
want someone to focus and add more points to it such that we can take this
to next level

§ I am sharing a link over here please go through it :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NrkJkzBLl9MUNEQVpCdDVzYTA/view?usp=sharing

· *Involvement and adaptation*: It’s difficult to let people know
that things have changed, “Do you even believe that there are still few
villages where they are still not aware of demonetization? And it’s taking
more than 60+ days but still things have not settled down “ If this is the
case of a such big mission of a digital India, how can we assure about
restructure to be known by all the mozillians and contributors in Mozilla
India when there are rapid and continuous changes in the program?. So here
comes Involvement and adaptation, where we need to take care of the spread
of a program.

· *Measuring effectiveness and efficiency:* Till now we are just
measuring on the basis of qualitative analysis but on the other side we
should also work on cost effectiveness, growth and many other factors that
can show effectiveness and efficiency of the existing program. I believe
that we don’t have any statistics of it yet, which can show the actuality
of the situation.

· *Mission and Vision follow up:* we should always understand what
are we working for and also why? And we always cross check with what
exactly we want to achieve by the end of any program and build strategies
accordingly for a constant and rapid growth of community.

· *Feedback system and volunteer satisfaction:* Not to forget that
we are working with people and not machines, So one should always respect
their sentiments at work while building a better feedback or volunteers
satisfaction system to understand our people better and provide them better
tools for their contribution work.

· *Recognition: *We should always appreciate people within our
community and recognize their work at individual level as we are a
non-profit organization we should encourage people around and build
ourselves as a better platform to contribute by doing comparative checks
with other open source organizations.

I can already see that some of the points have already noticed by the
existing team and I wanted to add more clarity to it.

Regards

Dyvik Chenna