Re: Problems with my Thunderbird

Jayakumar Sadhasivam

Apr 14, 2014, 10:32:34 AM4/14/14
to Ganesh Shivashankar, community-india
Hi Ganesh,
This problem is happening when the thunderbird is not synced properly.

Are you using POP3/IMAP ?

Could you provide the system detail and thunderbird versions

Try these steps

- Quit/Exit the Thunderbird
- Resync from the server
- try in safemode

Let me know, you have problem.

Create a thread in Support forum -
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new/thunderbird

Regards,

Jay

--------
Jayakumar Sadhasivam (iamjayakumars)
Mozilla Representative India
iamjay...@gmail.com
www.jayakumars.me
@iamjayakumars
fb.com/iamjayakumars

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Ganesh Shivashankar <
shivashan...@mactus.in> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was a happy user of Thunderbird till today morning. But the system is
> now very slow and mails take several minutes to open.
>
> The error log has messages such as the following.
>
> Timestamp: 10-04-2014 13:41:58
> Warning: Unknown property 'mso-list'. Declaration dropped.
> Source File: mailbox:///F:/GaneshMactusMail/Inbox?number=1495214705
> Line: 0, Column: 8
> Source Code:
> mso-list:Ignore
>
> Timestamp: 10-04-2014 13:41:58
> Warning: Unknown property 'mso-list'. Declaration dropped.
> Source File: mailbox:///F:/GaneshMactusMail/Inbox?number=1495214705
> Line: 0, Column: 47
> Source Code:
> margin-left:54.0pt;text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l1 level1 lfo4
>
> Timestamp: 10-04-2014 12:59:30
> Error: TypeError: this._taskbar is null
> Source File: resource://gre/modules/DownloadTaskbarProgress.jsm
> Line: 189
>
> Timestamp: 10-04-2014 13:41:58
> Error: The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The
> document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if
> the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The
> character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the
> transfer protocol.
> Source File: mailbox:///F:/GaneshMactusMail/Inbox?number=1495214705
> Line: 0
> How to correct this problem?
>
> --
> Ganesh Shivashankar
> Mactus Technology Solutions LLP
> 107, 3rd Cross, MICO Layout II Stage
> Arekere, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore 560076
> M 9845693339

Jayakumar Sadhasivam

Apr 17, 2014, 3:33:38 AM4/17/14
to Ganesh Shivashankar, community-india
Hi Ganesh.

As you mentioned above your using McAfee Internet security suite, Its the
problem because McAfee scans before you open the emails everytime. So add
the thunderbird in exception list.

The size won't be a problem.

Check after adding Thunderbird into McAfee exception list or Disabling
McAfee.

Regards,
Jay

--------
Jayakumar Sadhasivam (iamjayakumars)
Mozilla Representative India
iamjay...@gmail.com
www.jayakumars.me
@iamjayakumars
fb.com/iamjayakumars

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Ganesh Shivashankar <
shivashan...@mactus.in> wrote:

> Dear Jayakumar,
>
> Does the size of the directory have anything to do with the problem? The
> MailFilesOld is 3.6GB large inbox 1.46 GB, Sent 1.027 GB and archives
> another 1.2GB.
>

> Regards,
> Ganesh Shivashankar
> Mactus Technology Solutions LLP
> 107, 3rd Cross, MICO Layout II Stage
> Arekere, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore 560076
> M 9845693339
>
> On 17-04-2014 12:12, Ganesh Shivashankar wrote:
> Dear Jayakumar,
>
> Yes you are correct. I use POP3.
>
> About Mozilla Thunderbird says "24.4.0 Thunderbird is up to date. You
> are currently on the release update channel"
>
> System details are:
>
> Acer Laptop Windows 8 single language, Intel Core i5 3210M CPU ad 2.5
> GHz. 4.00 GB installed memory, 64 bit Operating system x64 based
> processor Non touch display
>
> Most recent Windows update at 9:29 on 16th April 2014 and most recent
> check is at 10:44 on 17th April 2014.
>
> I have McAfee Internet security suite
>
> Security centre version 12.8 updated on 10.4.2014
>
> Anti-virus and Anti-spyware version 16.8 last updated on 17.4.2014. Engine
> creation date 16.4.2014, engine version 1861.0
>
> Personal firewall Version 13.8 updated on 10.4.2014
>
> Site Advisor Version 3.6 updated on 16.4.2014
>
> Anti Spam version 13.8 updated on 15.4.2014. content updated on 16.4.2014
>
> I have done the following. I created another mail directory and in that
> this problem does not exist. When I access the old directory, the problem
> re appears. Basically I am having two directories MailFilesOld and
> MailFilesNew. The thunderbird is configured to look for MailFiles. I
> rename one of them to MailFiles before starting Thunderbird. The problem
> appears with Old and not with New. New was created by Thunderbird as
> MailFiles when I started it after renaming MailFiles to MailFilesOld. I
> believe this rules out the problem with Thunderbird install.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> --
> Regards,

Jayakumar Sadhasivam

Apr 17, 2014, 3:45:57 AM4/17/14
to Ganesh Shivashankar, community-india
Hi Ganesh,

Check the below link to know more about Thunderbird Limitations
*http://kb.mozillazine.org/Limits_%28Thunderbird%29

Check your old mail directory after disabling the McAfee.

Regards,
Jay

--------