Alcatel Onetouch Fire C 4020D hard reset

raj...@openmailbox.org

Jun 22, 2016, 10:41:12 AM6/22/16
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Hey Folks,

Need help resetting a FirefoxOS device.
This is the device.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/os/devices/#alcatel_onetouchfirec2g

It is locked with a numeric code by a kid. And the kid has forgotten the
code now.

I have tried to get into the recovery mode using the Volume +/- and
power button combinations.
But they are not working.
The key combinations just keeps the Splash screen for a longer duration
and does nothing else.

I also tried connecting the device via adb to my Debian Machine.
output of

root@sanganak:/home/raju# adb devices
List of devices attached
19761202 device

root@sanganak:/home/raju# adb reboot recovery

|^ This command is just rebooting the device where the splash screen is
there for a few minutes & the device reboots again not
entering the recovery mode and denying me the chance to reset it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Raju

Sayak Sarkar

Jun 23, 2016, 9:02:29 AM6/23/16
to raj...@openmailbox.org, community-india
In your scenario, I would guess one option would be to try and find an
image for the Firefox OS build for your device, and simply format it using
adb.

Not quite sure if an elegant way of reseting the numeric lock exists though.

Raju DV

Jun 23, 2016, 10:26:54 AM6/23/16

On गुरुवार 23 जून 2016 06:32 म.नं., Sayak Sarkar wrote:
> In your scenario, I would guess one option would be to try and find an
> image for the Firefox OS build for your device, and simply format it
> using adb.

I was fortunate enough to enable USB debugging on the device before it
was locked.
ADB does detects the device but fails to connect to it using adb connect.
But

/adb reboot bootloader/

command works.
it boots itself into fastboot mode.

I am looking for a FirefoxOS build for the device.
If Anyone has a link to it let me know.