MozWOC17 Session 4

viswaprasath

Jul 31, 2017, 8:38:05 AM7/31/17
to community-india, Mozillians Tamilnadu
Dear All Contributors,

Due to urgent unscheduled meeting I wont be available tonight.

So the 4th Session is postponded to wednesday.

Will be happy to see if more finish their first lab.

*Learn from below videos*

- What are WebExtension https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUToENHAX7s

- Running WebExtension in Firefox and Chrome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPhZF7kOR3k&feature=youtu.be
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPhZF7kOR3k&feature=youtu.be>

- Simple WebExtension Code flow https://youtu.be/43n67zzgWsk

*First Task details is below*

- Fork the repo https://github.com/iamVP7/MozWOC17

- Learn the code https://github.com/iamVP7/
MozWOC17/tree/master/session3-lab1/url-override
<https://github.com/iamVP7/MozWOC17/tree/master/session3-lab1/url-override>

- Simple WebExtension Code flow https://youtu.be/43n67zzgWsk

- You have to redesign a new HTML which will be showed when we open new
tab.

- You have to add the send pull request by adding your screenshot in
below file

- https://github.com/iamVP7/MozWOC17/blob/master/session3-
lab1/url-override/README.md

Will be happy to help in case of any doubts or need clarification.

Sorry for inconvenience.

--
Web is open so Code is poetry
http://iamvp7.github.io/

viswaprasath

Aug 2, 2017, 4:27:28 AM8/2/17
to community-india, Mozillians Tamilnadu
Dear All,

Today August 2nd.

We will be learning about basic tabs API. To join this session.

*Steps to follow*

- Visit *https://mozillatn.github.io/chat/
<https://mozillatn.github.io/chat/> *
- Pick a nick name
- And click Start button

You will be joining our #MozillaTN channel and will be starting to talk.

viswaprasath

Aug 2, 2017, 9:56:38 AM8/2/17
to community-india, Mozillians Tamilnadu
Dear All,

We have exactly one hour to start our session.

viswaprasath

Aug 3, 2017, 1:13:55 PM8/3/17
to community-india, Mozillians Tamilnadu
Dear All,

Thanks for the contributors who joined.

What we learned yesterday as follows

Learn about basic Tabs API https://youtu.be/GS1nM55iKZo

- Firefox internal like how Close button works

- Firefox internal like how Reload button works

- Firefox internal like how Tab is updating with new URL

Our Next Session is tomorrow

Date: August 4th 2017

Time:- 8:31 PM

Venue: #MozillaTN IRC channel.

Santosh Viswanatham

Aug 4, 2017, 1:46:23 AM8/4/17
to viswaprasath, community-india, Mozillians Tamilnadu
Thank you so much for sharing Viswa. Just watched the Tabs API video. It
looks very informative and simple(Thanks for providing us with the
boilerplate links <3 ). Looking forward for the next video.

Regards,
Santosh.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 10:43 PM, viswaprasath <shihan...@gmail.com>