Update on Community Support in India

Lucy Harris

May 29, 2017, 10:06:30 AM5/29/17
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Mozillians,

As some of you may have heard, after a year of working closely with the
meta team and supporting individuals and groups in the role of Asia
Community Manager, Subhashish Panigrahi is moving on from Mozilla. We want
to thank him for all of his work and wish him the best of luck in his
future endeavors!

In order to continue to support the Mozilla communities in India, George,
Konstantina and I identified Haiyya <http://haiyya.in/> as an organization
who can help support the community over the coming months. You will be
familiar with them through their work alongside the India Community and
Participation Team last year, and we’re very excited to be working with
them again.

Over the past two weeks we have collaborated with more than 20 leaders from
the community to define the scope of Haiyya’s work and what their role will
be and we just published the full scope of work on discourse
<https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/supporting-the-indian-community-with-haiyya/15869>
.

We will also be hosting a call next week*, Wednesday 31st May, 6.30 pm IST,*
to introduce Haiyya and so you can ask questions and get to know the team,
all of the details of the call and bios of the Haiyya team are in this post
here
<https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/haiyya-community-call-details-intro/15870>.

Please share your questions and thoughts on the discourse posts. Looking
forward to talking to you all next week!

Lucy