who designed the survey https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4122653/blog

shirish शिरीष

Jan 31, 2018, 4:44:07 AM1/31/18
to mozilla-india
Hi all,

Whoever designed the survey is a tool as the questions are pretty
intrusive and some of the questions are outright idiotic -

just for example -

10. Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Yes
No

For e.g. this question the answer is both yes and no, hotdog is a
sandwich as well as an HTML editor of yesteryears.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.sausage.com/why-hotdog.html

I had used it wayback hence I somewhat remembered.

Please fix the questions so that they are not intrusive so much.

--
Regards,
Shirish Agarwal शिरीष अग्रवाल

gro...@mozilla.com

Jan 31, 2018, 11:50:44 AM1/31/18
Dear Shirish,

Let me first say that your tone in this is unacceptable for a Mozilla forum. Calling someone "a tool" and saying something is "idiotic" are not how we interact with each other. Please consider this prior to posting in the future.

Second, this survey is meant to be quirky and fun and very much opt-in. I'm sure it's not for everyone.

Regards,
George
gro...@mozilla.com

Tripad M

Feb 1, 2018, 3:18:32 AM2/1/18
to George Roter, community-india
OP: "Joke ? You think this is funny ? Wait .. I dont even understand this
.. these millennials use these words, weird references and gifs in emails.
Let me just try and get angry, be disrespectful and call people names"

Kids the lesson to be learnt here is to take a joke as a joke. Ask kindly
if you dont understand the reference and while I have your attention also
maybe take a sarcasm 101 class <https://vimeo.com/63016448>

*_________________________________*

Tripad M
Twitter: @_Tripad

shirish शिरीष

Feb 1, 2018, 5:24:10 AM2/1/18
to community-india
in-line :-

On 01/02/2018, Tripad M <tripad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OP: "Joke ? You think this is funny ? Wait .. I dont even understand this
> .. these millennials use these words, weird references and gifs in emails.
> Let me just try and get angry, be disrespectful and call people names"
>
> Kids the lesson to be learnt here is to take a joke as a joke. Ask kindly
> if you dont understand the reference and while I have your attention also
> maybe take a sarcasm 101 class <https://vimeo.com/63016448>

Point 1 - Can somebody tell me where it says or even implies the survey is
supposed to be a joke or/not to be taken seriously. It seemed to be
an official survey
as far as I'm concerned.

And please don't tell me not to be angry, as a user of firefox I have
every right to be
angry as you have taken all my addons from firefox 57.0 onwards (the
whole webextensions saga) and giving us users a poorer web experience.

Can you of anybody of the community share a replacement for
https://calomel.org/firefox_ssl_validation.html add-on ?

> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 10:20 PM, <gro...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Shirish,
>>
>> Let me first say that your tone in this is unacceptable for a Mozilla
>> forum. Calling someone "a tool" and saying something is "idiotic" are not
>> how we interact with each other. Please consider this prior to posting in
>> the future.
>>
>> Second, this survey is meant to be quirky and fun and very much opt-in.
>> I'm sure it's not for everyone.
>>
>> Regards,
>> George
>> gro...@mozilla.com

Groter, same as above, please tell me where it says or even implies it
is meant to be quirky, fun and opt-in. I wouldn't call asking
intrusive questions as fun.

gro...@mozilla.com

Feb 1, 2018, 12:08:31 PM2/1/18
Nobody is asking or telling you not to be angry. Instead, we are making clear that being angry in a Mozilla forum cannot mean language meant to offend others.

To your question about "where it says or even implies it is meant to be quirky, fun and opt-in": Good feedback on this not being clear to everyone.

I believe the team tried to make it clear in this blog post:
https://blog.mozilla.org/firefox/eworks-or-porgs-and-other-important-questions/

And also in the introduction to the survey with lines like:
"Some are mostly nonsense, but that’s kind of the best part, right?"

"All of the questions are totally optional"

And some questions are meant to be obviously ridiculous, like:
"Which Hogwarts house do you belong to?"

Regards,
George