Help organize Mozilla.org content and learn a new UX exercise.

Holly Habstritt

May 26, 2015, 10:35:38 AM5/26/15
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org, community-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello India and Bangladesh Mozillians!

We are currently redesigning the navigation and many of the web pages
on Mozilla’s
website <http://www.mozilla.org/>. For this project, I would love your help
and valuable perspective! An important part of this project is to make sure
people can easily find information they need about Mozilla. One way we do
this is with an activity called a Card Sort. This is also a nice
opportunity to learn how you might use an activity like this on other
projects too. Below you’ll find a link to this online activity that will
take around 10-15 minutes of your time.

You don’t need to have any special knowledge, don’t need to do any
preparation, and there are no right or wrong answers. The “cards” that you
will see in the activity will contain words for types of information that
may be included on part of the Mozilla website. We’d like you to sort the
cards into groups that you think belong together. This will help us to
understand how you think about the content and how it could be organized.

Visit the Cart Sorting activity here - grab the full URL please:

http://ows.io/os/f7vei3pz?tab=ind

The password for the activity is* ‘mozilla’*

** open on a desktop computer*

** this URL is specifically for India and Bangladesh mailing lists*

You may like to think about the following questions while you group the
cards:

-

What content would you like to see together on a website if you were
looking for some of this information?
-

Are there different things you need to know at different times?
-

What cards just seem to belong together?

If you like this methodology and think it could be useful for your own user
experience work, the Participation Team will be holding a learning workshop
on how to do this in the months ahead. In the meantime, if you’d like to
learn more you can search for “Card Sorting”. Here’s one link to get you
started.
<http://www.usability.gov/how-to-and-tools/methods/card-sorting.html>

Thanks in advance. I’m excited to have your help on this if you have the
time to do so. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Holly