Project Update

Greg Brail

Jul 2, 2015, 1:49:39 PM7/2/15
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Just an update for people who follow this project:

We released 1.7.7 about two weeks ago -- it's available on GitHub and on Maven Central. It includes a few more ES6-related features, as well as a few bug fixes. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

We now have a few contributors working steadily on ES6 related features as well as test262 compliance. This is going to make Rhino a lot more useful in environments that require compatibility with newer JavaScript engines.

There are a lot more things to do as you can see from the compatibility table that I've been generating (using the basic code from "kangax" on GitHub, http://kangax.github.io/compat-table/es5/). We now have a way to test new changes as well as a way to get them in to the release, so if you are interested in working on any of these, please pick up a GitHub issue and see what you can do!

Finally, I'm going to be travelling with my family for the next two weeks, and that would not normally be a problem except for the recent high velocity of work on this project! I will check in and may get a chance to test or merge a few things, but I won't be able to spend much time on this until later in July.

I'd encourage those of you working on the project to keep at it, and perhaps if you all have interdependent changes, you can collaborate on a larger branch in someone's repo that I can merge back later in the month.

Thanks and keep using Rhino!

--
Greg Brail | apigee twitter @gbrail @apigee

Evgeny Shepelyuk