Some Requests for Typed Array

fairdllfair

Feb 24, 2015, 3:14:58 AM2/24/15
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
As regarding with harmony spec of Rhino 17R5,

   Float32NativeArray
   Float64NativeArray
   NativeInt16NativeArray
   NativeInt32NativeArray
   NativeInt9NativeArray

I appreciate if there are public getByIndex(int i) and public  List<T> toArray() Methods.

js_Get() is internal. I had to use reflection.

Greg Brail

Feb 24, 2015, 1:06:38 PM2/24/15
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Are you talking about Mozilla Rhino or the fork at https://github.com/apigee/rhino?

I'm planning, in the next few weeks, to include the typed array support form Apigee Rhino to the Mozilla repo so that can be part of 1.8.0, and to a release out. (I need it for a project and I imagine that others do as well.)

When I do this, I'd like to make it possible to use typed arrays from Java code, so I'd like to change the Apigee implementation to make it usable from Java code as you suggest.

Does that make sense or are you asking about something else?

greg brail | apigee twitter @gbrail

fairdllfair

Feb 25, 2015, 8:09:04 AM2/25/15
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Are you talking about Mozilla Rhino or the fork at https://github.com/apigee/rhino?

 ->  Yes, i am constantly using latest js.jar from that location.

I'm planning, in the next few weeks, to include the typed array support form Apigee Rhino to the Mozilla repo so that can be part of 1.8.0, and to a release out. (I need it for a project and I imagine that others do as well.)

Sound great! I will updates my project as soon as Rhino 1.8 is released.

When I do this, I'd like to make it possible to use typed arrays from Java code, so I'd like to change the Apigee implementation to make it usable from Java code as you suggest.

Does that make sense or are you asking about something else?

-> I just wait for apigee updates. Thanks again!

Greg Brail

Feb 26, 2015, 12:57:10 PM2/26/15
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Can you take a look at the branch "greg-typed-arrays"?

This contains the typed array code from Apigee Rhino, plus each typed array implements a List of an appropriate primitive type.

I'd love some external validation that this meets the requirement before I push this to master. Thanks!

fairdllfair

Feb 27, 2015, 6:11:04 AM2/27/15
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
It has been coded as i expected! Thank you, Greg!