Implication of using Rhino 1.7.6 over Rhino1.7R5

Sumit Saha

Oct 27, 2015, 9:09:51 AM10/27/15
to mozilla-rhino
Hi Everyone,
Rhino's version 1.7R5 is release candidate and i am using version 1.7.6 in my project.
My question is will their be any implication as such for not using release build?

Thanks
Sumit

Greg Brail

Oct 27, 2015, 2:11:24 PM10/27/15
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Actually, 1.7.7 is the latest version. Apologies for not updating the release page at mozilla.com, although GitHub and Maven Central had it for a while. (I since fixed that.)

The only implication is that there are only a few people contributing to this project right now and all we have been able to do is to create new releases. We don't have any plan to go back and patch older releases. So if you can use the latest, then that'd make it easiest to fix things.

Greg Brail | apigee twitter @gbrail @apigee

Sumit Saha

Oct 28, 2015, 8:03:27 AM10/28/15
to mozilla-rhino
Ohk, then in that case its great. Few of my colleagues had concern over release build vs interim build.