Is it possible to add a context-menu to widget displayed on the add-on bar

Subrata

Dec 30, 2010, 11:50:32 AM12/30/10
to mozilla-labs-jetpack
Hi,
I am trying emulate the following XUL overlay code in addon-
sdk-1.0b1 :
<popupset id="mainPopupSet">
<menupopup id="statusbar_panel_myapp_task_context"
..

<menuitem ...../>
</menupopup>
</propupset>
<statusbarpanel id="statusbar_panel_myapp"
context="statusbar_panel_myapp_task_context"
/>

How do I do it?

I tried to use ContextMenu with PageContext() for the contentURL of
the Widget but I do not get onContext event in the ContextMenu when I
right click on the Widget icon.

Thanks.
--
Subrata

Drew Willcoxon

Jan 3, 2011, 2:13:53 PM1/3/11
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com, Subrata
The SDK's context-menu API currently only supports the context menu for
pages in the main browser window. Context menus on widgets sounds like
a reasonable request, so hopefully we can add built-in support for them
sometime after we finish 1.0.

Drew

Ruben Goethals

Feb 26, 2015, 10:35:01 AM2/26/15
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com, subratax...@gmail.com, a...@mozilla.com
Four years later still nothing?
More specifically, I am interested in a contextmenu on a menu-item of a dropdown of my addon-button.