Need help debugging my addon that works and then doesn't...

Ruben Goethals

Nov 5, 2015, 10:25:07 AM11/5/15
to mozilla-labs-jetpack
Hello foxies,

I'm stuck at debugging at something that behaves weird.

I am updating addon Bookmarks X Tags. It works fine on one computer Firefox 41.0.2 and 42, but it bugs out on another computer, FF 42 though it works on the same computer in FF Developer Edition 44.
Not only am I stuck in the debugging*, but I find it strange because it's like a Firefox version in between where it is not working on, ignoring the different PC aspect. So it might be a Firefox bug or is there really an important difference with Developer Edition?

* Debugging: OR it says  "this.node" is not created from a "view.creat(options)" line for which I am out of resources why it would say that; OR it points to an unidentified parameter in a function in "///modules/CustomizableUI.jsm" which worked before and still does in FF Dev 44... ?!

So, yes, this goes beyond my abilities.Anyone care to help?  I'm attaching a nightly build.
BookMarksTagsMix@e-motiv.net.xpi

Ruben Goethals

Nov 5, 2015, 10:35:19 AM11/5/15
to mozilla-labs-jetpack
Update: When changing the options and then changing them back, the bug dissappears, so I'm still curious if you people get the bug after installing for the first time.
Thanks.