jpm testing

grbradt

Mar 8, 2015, 8:40:49 AM3/8/15
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Trying out jpm...

jpm xpi is supposed to ignore any ZIPs or XPIs in the add-on's root, and any test files.
However, when I use it it includes the XPI built using cfx, as well as some test files (but it did exclude my config files).

Thanks,
George

grbradt

Mar 8, 2015, 12:17:30 PM3/8/15
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I see I can include a .jpmignore file in my root folder, but your default filters seem broken.

Jeff Griffiths

Mar 8, 2015, 6:40:50 PM3/8/15
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
The default filter is specifically for the xpi file name that jpm
creates, which is usually named differently from the one cfx creates.
We wanted to be flexible here so that people could bundle extensions
inside of other extensions.

Glad you found .jpmignore - i was thinking we should generate one by
default when you run jpm init with some helpful comments in it.