Add-on SDK 1.16 Beta 1

Dave Townsend

Mar 19, 2014, 2:35:06 PM3/19/14
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
Rocketeers!

We're slowly getting close to never having to release another SDK again as the modules now ship with Firefox and soon you won't need any special packaging tools to build SDK based add-ons. But for now we still have to occasionally put one out especially when new modules have been added so cfx knows about them and you can build add-ons that use them. With the new UI widgets added as part of Australis we are at a point where we need to do another release.

Below are links to the first beta for SDK 1.16. We expect this to be a quick beta cycle and are aiming for a full release next week.

Download SDK 1.16 Beta 1:
* Zip file: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/labs/jetpack/addon-sdk-1.16b1.zip
* Tarball: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/labs/jetpack/addon-sdk-1.16b1.tar.gz

Please take this new version for a spin and let us know if you have any issues, either on this list or by filing a bug:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Add-on%20SDK

Thanks

Dave