page-worker question

Nic Whittle

Jul 5, 2015, 11:22:33 AM7/5/15
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering how the page-worker api functions. Does it open urls in the exact same manner as the browser tabs? Would it also use installed add ons such as no script and use the same browser settings?

Thanks

Nic Whittle

Jul 6, 2015, 7:54:56 PM7/6/15
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
After viewing page-worker.js in the sdk, am I right in thinking it loads urls by opening within an iframe? So it would behave in the same manner as the browser tabs? Using the same 'settings' as loading websites trough a tab? Including plugins?

Jeff Griffiths

Jul 6, 2015, 9:59:30 PM7/6/15
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
This should be the case, meaning that the page running in the hidden iframe will have the same security settings as the user's browser. For example, if the user's browser is set to never load a plugin, the plugin won't be loaded in the hidden page. I suspect if the plugin's setting is set to 'Ask to activate' I suspect because the hidden page has no way of interacting with the user, the plugin load will also fail.

If you need to interact with  / depend on a plugin, you should test these different cases.

Jeff