Get paid $$$ to fix bugs in the Add-On SDK

Ben McCann

Apr 17, 2014, 1:57:15 PM4/17/14
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

There are a couple of bugs in the Add-On SDK that are causing our extension not to work and costing us customers. I really want to get these bugs fixed. Let me know if you're interested and I'll provide you with bug numbers and bounty amounts for each one. To get paid, your patch simply has to be merged into the open source project. Sorry, but this offer is not open to Mozilla employees as much as I love all the help you've given us (don't want to set the incentive that letting a bug sit around for a long time creates an opportunity to get paid for it). If you know anyone who's an expert at this stuff and open to contracting on this type of work please forward this message. Some bugs may require a change to FireFox itself in addition to the SDK code base.

Thanks,
Ben

Julien Wajsberg

Apr 17, 2014, 3:27:41 PM4/17/14
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
(disclaimer: I am a Mozilla employee)

You can already put the bugs that bugs you here...

Ben McCann

Apr 17, 2014, 3:36:03 PM4/17/14
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

Thanks. I filed a bug in the bug tracker already that the tab open event is firing when it should not be making it so that we can't listen for tab open events in a reliable manner. I can appreciate that the team is very busy and I'd love to help in anyway I can. Unfortunately, I don't have the required knowledge of the code base or time to fix it myself, so this seemed like one way that I might be able to lend a hand towards getting a fix in for people affected by the bug.

-Ben