Add-on Development Hacks

J. Ryan Stinnett

Nov 7, 2014, 8:06:46 PM11/7/14
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
Over the last few work weeks, I've seen a few hacks / projects to make
add-on development faster and easier.

I am trying to compile a list of such things, as I am interested in
the techniques used. If you know of another tool related to this,
please let me know!

Here are some examples:

* Jeff: Use Extension Auto-Installer[1] plus a script[2]
* Erik: Itchpad for add-on editing[3]
* Matteo: Export page style changes as an add-on
* Irakli: Live edit add-on from Scratchpad[4][5]
* Jordan: Reload add-on by watching source directory[6]

[1]: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/autoinstaller/
[2]: https://gist.github.com/canuckistani/be0f0e2666b0d72c7602
[3]: http://work.erikvold.com/devtools/2014/02/23/my-devtools-work-week-hack.html
[4]: https://github.com/Gozala/addon-pad
[5]: https://github.com/Gozala/scratch-kit
[6]: https://github.com/jsantell/jp-rocketjump

- Ryan

Jeff Griffiths

Nov 7, 2014, 8:14:29 PM11/7/14
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

So, scratch-kit still works? I'm going to dig into this next week. it
should all be wired up into gulp, or ( I suppose ) grunt