Using the Lynxmotion AL5D

Kevin DeMarco

Mar 19, 2014, 7:47:40 PM3/19/14
to moveit...@googlegroups.com
On the MoveIt! website, one of the supported robots listed is the Lynxmotion AL5D ( http://moveit.ros.org/lynxmotion-servo/ ). However, I haven't been able to find the URDF file for this arm in the repository. Has anyone used MoveIt! with the AL5D?  Just wanted to check with the users before I created a new URDF file from scratch.

Thanks.

-Kevin DeMarco

Tony Baltovski

Apr 5, 2014, 10:07:11 PM4/5/14
to moveit...@googlegroups.com
Did you find a URDF or even make one?  I have the AL5D and will be starting to work with it shortly.

Fabs A-B

Jul 9, 2014, 7:51:46 AM7/9/14
to moveit...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
i just wanted to ask if there is any update on this topic.
Has one of you already created an URDF for the AL5D?

Kind regards Fabs

Tony Baltovski

Oct 2, 2014, 6:12:35 PM10/2/14
to moveit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fabs,

I just started working on this now.  I created a basic URDF and am working on getting the ssc32 driver working.

Fabs A-B

Oct 3, 2014, 5:28:28 PM10/3/14
to moveit...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
good to hear.
I also created a simple urdf but it is not 100% correct and it is plain urdf, see attached al5d.urdf .
Furthermore i am not sure if i create the planning groups in moveit the right way but that's another problem.

Kind regards
Fabs
al5d.urdf

Daniel Robin Reuter

Oct 28, 2014, 12:39:49 PM10/28/14
to moveit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I also have a pure URDF-Model for the AL5D, which was sufficient to simulate the arm in gazebo and also to visualize the movements of a real arm in rviz. (We have an unmaintained driver for the ssc32 board, which I recently ported to hydro).

If someone is interested in writing moveit support for the AL5D I could provide the ssc32 driver (which is unmaintained).
AL5D_urdf.xml