(URGENT) UATBC Down | Motech team help required

Akanksha Tikku

Dec 22, 2016, 3:16:02 AM12/22/16
to motec...@googlegroups.com, Mary Jo Kochendorfer, vipul...@accenture.com, d.g...@accenture.com, Rahul Mullick, ashok.v...@accenture.com

Dear Motech team,

We are using MOTECH deployment for TB project in India. The application has not been working since morning and upon analysing the issue, there seems to be a connection issue with Motech database. Could you please direct us to the right team to troubleshoot this issue further?

Regards

Akanksha

Dec 22, 2016, 4:56:25 AM12/22/16
to MOTECH Developer, mkoche...@grameenfoundation.org, vipul...@accenture.com, d.g...@accenture.com, Rahul....@gatesfoundation.org, ashok.v...@accenture.com, akanksh...@in.ey.com
Hi Akanksha,

because Sheel Shah is out of the office, please write direct to me. I will need more details :
1. what MOTECH version do you use ?
2. the issue reproduction steps
3. stacktrace with error from logs

Best Regards
Kamil Madej

vipul...@accenture.com

Dec 22, 2016, 7:29:23 AM12/22/16
to akanksh...@in.ey.com, motec...@googlegroups.com, mkoche...@grameenfoundation.org, d.g...@accenture.com, Rahul....@gatesfoundation.org, ashok.v...@accenture.com

Hi Motech Team,

We are using Motech 0.24.1 version for UATBC application while bringing up the tomcat 7 server we are getting below exception, please check the attached log for more details.

Error 1:

ERROR ContextLoaderListener - Application context refresh failed (MotechOsgiConfigurableApplicationContext(bundle=org.motechproject.motech-platform-dataservices, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'flyway' defined in URL [bundle://96.0:1/META-INF/motech/mdsContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is com.googlecode.flyway.core.api.FlywayException: Unable to obtain Jdbc connection from DataSource

       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1455)

       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519)

       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)

       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:294)

       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:225)

       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)

       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:193)

       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:284)

       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:193)

       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:567)

       at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:913)

       at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.access$1600(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:60)

       at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext$4.run(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:325)

       at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.util.internal.PrivilegedUtils.executeWithCustomTCCL(PrivilegedUtils.java:85)

       at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.completeRefresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:290)

       at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$CompleteRefreshTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:137)

       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: com.googlecode.flyway.core.api.FlywayException: Unable to obtain Jdbc connection from DataSource

       at com.googlecode.flyway.core.util.jdbc.JdbcUtils.openConnection(JdbcUtils.java:56)

Error 2.

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.)

       at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.datasource.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1553)

       at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.datasource.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1392)

       at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.datasource.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:1048)

       at com.googlecode.flyway.core.util.jdbc.JdbcUtils.openConnection(JdbcUtils.java:50)

       ... 25 more

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

Application was working fine since yesterday night. Today morning we have restarted the server but it’s not comes up. Its start throwing above exception.

As par the exception application facing issue while creating database connection so

1.       From the standalone java program we are successfully establish the connection with database.

2.       SIFY team confirmed that mysql port is accessible.

Please let me know if more information required.

Thanks,

Vipul Garg

catalina.out

Rahul Mullick

Dec 22, 2016, 7:56:47 AM12/22/16
to vipul...@accenture.com, akanksh...@in.ey.com, motec...@googlegroups.com, Jonathan Jackson, cz...@dimagi.com, d.g...@accenture.com, ashok.v...@accenture.com, Stella

Jon/Cory, copying you to see who can support on Motech platform issue now with Grameen out of the way. This is on the UATBC project.

Cory Zue

Dec 22, 2016, 8:09:23 AM12/22/16
to Rahul Mullick, motec...@dimagi.com, vipul...@accenture.com, akanksh...@in.ey.com, motec...@googlegroups.com, Jonathan Jackson, d.g...@accenture.com, ashok.v...@accenture.com, Stella
Hi Vipul,

I'm looping in a few other team members on our side who may be able to help with this.

Here are a few quick troubleshooting questions in the meantime to help them get started:

When you accessed the database from the standalone Java program was that on the same server as the one you are having issues? Or on a different machine?
When you accessed the database manually, what commands/queries were you able to make?
Have you been able to verify that the module that is causing issues has the proper connection string configured? Have you inspected that connection string and tried the same to access the database manually from a standalone java program?

thanks,
Cory

vipul...@accenture.com

Dec 22, 2016, 8:17:34 AM12/22/16
to cz...@dimagi.com, Rahul....@gatesfoundation.org, motec...@dimagi.com, akanksh...@in.ey.com, motec...@googlegroups.com, jjac...@dimagi.com, d.g...@accenture.com, ashok.v...@accenture.com, sl...@dimagi.com

Hi Cory,

Please see my response inline.

Thanks,

Vipul Garg

I'm looping in a few other team members on our side who may be able to help with this.

Here are a few quick troubleshooting questions in the meantime to help them get started:

When you accessed the database from the standalone Java program was that on the same server as the one you are having issues? Or on a different machine?

<Vipul> From the same machine where we have tomcat sever installed.

When you accessed the database manually, what commands/queries were you able to make?

<Vipul> We tried to execute Select query.

Have you been able to verify that the module that is causing issues has the proper connection string configured? Have you inspected that connection string and tried the same to access the database manually from a standalone java program?

<Vipul>yes we tired, and from the standalone program we are able to run select query.

thanks,

Cory

Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 5:59 PM

Kamil Madej

Dec 22, 2016, 9:12:12 AM12/22/16
to MOTECH Developer, cz...@dimagi.com, Rahul....@gatesfoundation.org, motec...@dimagi.com, akanksh...@in.ey.com, jjac...@dimagi.com, d.g...@accenture.com, ashok.v...@accenture.com, sl...@dimagi.com, vipul...@accenture.com
Hi,

the real error is :

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:259)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:307)

I was able to reproduce the issue providing wrong port. After reading previous email, I assume that you have already done it. However please ensure that in bootstrap.properties file ($HOME/.motech/config) you have valid url and port in 'sql.url' property. You can also remove manually this file and restart tomcat server. If MOTECH doesn't find the file, the bootstrap window will appear and you can try to provide valid properties once again.

Best Regards
Kamil Madej

ashok.v...@accenture.com

Dec 22, 2016, 1:58:01 PM12/22/16
to Rahul....@gatesfoundation.org, vipul...@accenture.com, akanksh...@in.ey.com, motec...@googlegroups.com, jjac...@dimagi.com, cz...@dimagi.com, d.g...@accenture.com, sl...@dimagi.com

Hi All

The application is working now. We will share the investigation details tomorrow.

Regards

Ashok Veldurti

Direct: +91 40 3083 2059

Mobile: +91 98852 65878