Morphia working with mongo-java-driver 3.0.0 and wiredTiger?

Jonathan Marston

Apr 9, 2015, 2:04:54 PM4/9/15
to mor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

After upgrading to the new Java driver and wiredTiger storage engine, I'm getting exceptions when I try to run queries

org.bson.codecs.configuration.CodecConfigurationException: Can't find a codec for class com.babelcentral.services.element.identity.Identity.
at org.bson.codecs.configuration.CodecCache.getOrThrow(CodecCache.java:46)
at org.bson.codecs.configuration.ProvidersCodecRegistry.get(ProvidersCodecRegistry.java:63)
at org.bson.codecs.configuration.ProvidersCodecRegistry.get(ProvidersCodecRegistry.java:37)
at com.mongodb.DBObjectCodec.writeValue(DBObjectCodec.java:210)
at com.mongodb.DBObjectCodec.encodeIterable(DBObjectCodec.java:269)
at com.mongodb.DBObjectCodec.writeValue(DBObjectCodec.java:196)
at com.mongodb.DBObjectCodec.encode(DBObjectCodec.java:128)
at com.mongodb.DBObjectCodec.encode(DBObjectCodec.java:61)

I wrote a ticket here in Github: https://github.com/mongodb/morphia/issues/750

I see some other tickets that appear to be also related to java driver 3.0.0

Has anybody had success after the upgrade to wiredTiger storage engine and Java Driver 3.0.0 ?

Jonathan Marston

Apr 9, 2015, 5:46:51 PM4/9/15
to mor...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind.

I tracked this down to application problems on my end.  I found no incompatibility with Morphia, wiredTiger, and java driver 3.0.0. Looks like everything plays nice together.