Convert MooTools Classes to ES6 Classes

Christoph Pojer

Jan 10, 2014, 1:13:24 PM1/10/14
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

since ECMAScript 6 (the next version of JavaScript) is going to have classes I feel like the need for MooTools Class is dwindling. More importantly, with projects such as  http://github.com/facebook/jstransform you can use classes from ES6 in JavaScript today by transforming your code to ES3/5 - no hacks or performance bottlenecks - just JavaScript. Would anyone be interested in working on a transformer that takes a file and converts all MooTools Classes to an ES6 class so that code can be used with jstransform? https://github.com/benjamn/recast was specifically invented to do this kind of work. I'd be willing to provide help, guidance and a huge open source repo with MooTools Classes, so if you are interested in taking on something big, let me know :)

rasmusfl0e

Jan 11, 2014, 9:29:52 AM1/11/14
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
Wow - imagine MooTools as a collection of transforms that turns into code that uses whatever libs are currently the norm/performs best!