JHtml::_('behaviour.framework');

Nasho23

Dec 26, 2013, 1:56:54 AM12/26/13
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
I do not know where to post this problem. I am hoping because it relates to Mootools, that someone can help me with the solution.

Preamble:

I have just upgraded my Joomla 1.7.2 Site to J2.5.17 with no problems, all worked as expected. I then upgraded J2.5.17 to J3.2.1 and upgraded any Extensions that were identified as needing upgrading. This included "RokNavMenu" and I checked mootools-core which is latest at 1.4.5.
The Backend works fine, but when I try to view the Frontend, I am presented with this Error; "500 - JHtmlBehavior::mootools not found.". I have searched Mootools-Core and many other files and can find no reference to "JHtml_ "Anything""
It seems that no one on the Joomla Forum can help me either. I have found on some Forum that some references to JHtml meed to be modified to "JHtml::_('behaviour.framework'); Unfortunately, the authors of this Post have not indicated which File needs tgo be upgraded nor do they say where it is located.
I am not familiar with JS or PHP Coding. I am a Novice at this and need serious help from the Community.
This looks as though it is the last thing I need to solve, to have a fully successful upgrade of my Site to the latest version of Joomla.

Your assistance and/or your advice would be much appreciated.

Merry Xmas.

Aaron Newton

Dec 26, 2013, 2:16:06 AM12/26/13
to mootools-users
This sounds like Joomla specific stuff to me. There's nothing in MooTools that fits. It sounds to me like there's some portion of the Joomla framework that you've disabled or removed or are missing. You should instead try posting your question on the Joomla forums. Sorry to not be of much help.

Aaron

--

---

Sanford Whiteman

Dec 26, 2013, 2:26:52 AM12/26/13
to Nasho23
> It seems that no one on the Joomla Forum can help me either. I have
> found on some Forum that some references to JHtml meed to be
> modified to "JHtml::_('behaviour.framework'); Unfortunately, the
> authors of this Post have not indicated which File needs tgo be
> upgraded nor do they say where it is located.

Joomla removed the PHP namespace (namespace = set of PHP classes) that
included the function "JHtmlBehavior::mootools". However, while that
function isn't used by the updated version of Joomla, your third-party
template is still looking for it. It's probably hard for you to get
help because the problem isn't really with Joomla itself, but an
undermaintained template.

Somewhere in the PHP files (on the server) related to your template,
you will see the call to the old function and you need to replace it
with the new one:

JHTML::_('behavior.mootools');

Hold on a sec and I'll see if I can find a Joomla template to tell you
what the old function will look like.

-- S.

Sanford Whiteman

Dec 26, 2013, 2:38:26 AM12/26/13
to Nasho23
OK, You want to search for

JHtmlBehavior::mootools()

and replace with the new

JHtmlBehavior::framework()

If this fixes the error, I still can't guarantee this is the only
problem you are having, because Joomla might just stop on a later
error. But this should help you get closer.

-- S.

Owen Carlton

Dec 26, 2013, 3:17:42 AM12/26/13
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your help so far.
I have searched Google which does not provide much in the way of answers,
other than what you have indicated.
What I need to know is; Which files within Joomla Site, or which third party
extensions, do I need to search in.
I must advise that I did not build this Site, therefore I am not familiar
with just what Extensions were used. I have been left with fixing up the
Site after a Hack & Deface effort by "Anonymous Indonesia". The Site is
recovered and I am upgrading to improve Security for the future.

Thank You.
--

---

Owen Carlton

Dec 26, 2013, 3:20:44 AM12/26/13
to mootool...@googlegroups.com

Hello Aaron (My Sons Name),

Thank you for your reply.

Joomla Forums have not been of much help, even though it was the Joomla upgrading process that produced this resulting Error.

I found the Coding Corrections elsewhere, but do not know which Files and where, to modify.

Thank You

Nasho23

Sanford Whiteman

Dec 26, 2013, 3:25:41 AM12/26/13
to Owen Carlton
> What I need to know is; Which files within Joomla Site, or which third party
> extensions, do I need to search in.

Do you know the name of your template? You're not giving us much to go
on.

You can't go wrong by searching every .php file and doing a
search-and-replace.

-- S.

Sanford Whiteman

Dec 26, 2013, 3:30:33 AM12/26/13
to Owen Carlton
> Joomla Forums have not been of much help, even though it was the
> Joomla upgrading process that produced this resulting Error.

A core CMS upgrade isn't trying to upgrade your custom code, and that
is good.

You have to know where themes are, though. Neither Aaron nor I know
where exactly to point you -- we are going on general programming
knowledge.

-- S.

Owen Carlton

Dec 26, 2013, 4:23:28 AM12/26/13
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
Hello S,
A bit more info that may help you;

Rt Gantry (Master) is latest 4.1.20
RokNavMenu is latest.
Mootools is latest 4.1.20

I have these Templates Styles;
Atomic
Beez2
Beez3
Beez3
Beez5
Bluestork - Default - Not Assigned.
Hathor
Isis
Protostar
Rt Gantry - Default (Master) and is Not Assigned to any Menus and Sub Menus.
The upper seven are Titled as -Default, but are not set as Default.

I hope this helps a bit more.

Nasho23

Dec 26, 2013, 6:52:49 AM12/26/13
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
hi,
I must admit that, as joomla users, we have been experiencing bumpy roads lately (j!2.5 to j!3.15. to j!3.2.1).
And what's related to this thread is the slow shift from mootools to jquery as the main JS library of this CMS.

But, as Aaron said earlier, your pb is not really Mootools stuff, it has to do :
A - with how the library is now called within JOOMLA :
JHtml::_('behavior.framework'); //only mootools-core
JHtml::_('behavior.framework', true); // mootools-core AND mootools-more

B - the updates of the JOOMLA extensions, ie RokNavMenu

"I have searched Mootools-Core and many other files and can find no reference to "JHtml_ "Anything""
This being a typical joomla question,
I'd be happy to help if you post on joomla.org (and report here the url of your post)

Owen Carlton

Dec 26, 2013, 6:15:28 PM12/26/13
to mootool...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

This morning before replying to you, I deleted the whole thing and reinstalled from an Akeeba Backup (which still had the Error Problem) and ended up with the same problem of not being able to get into the Frontend and with the same Error Message “500”. I was just living in hope that a reinstall may have uncovered something.

I installed Rok Updater but it did not find any Rok Extensions that needed to be updated.

As far as I can see, all extensions are up to date.

At this stage I am lost.

            http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=710&t=830580 Current Link for Error Message 500

            http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=706&t=830216 Previous Post relating to Upgrade Issues.

Thank You

Nasho23

Sanford Whiteman

Dec 26, 2013, 6:19:45 PM12/26/13
to Owen Carlton
> As far as I can see, all extensions are up to date.

They may be, but "up to date" just means their own latest version, not
that that version is compatible with Joomla! 3.

What I'm not understanding is why you aren't simply searching all your
PHP files for the old function call. You _cannot go wrong_ by changing
outdated function calls everywhere they are found (you may not fix
everything, but you can't break anything).

-- S.

Owen Carlton

Dec 26, 2013, 6:30:06 PM12/26/13
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Any Extensions I have updated are confirmed as being compatible with v3x
Joomla.

I have searched that many PHP and JS Files I am going Blue in the Face and
also, I would not necessarily know what to look for, being a Novice to
Coding in any and all Languages, except Dbase3/4 and that is a bit old now,
just like me at 80.

Cheers
Nasho23

Dec 26, 2013, 6:33:27 PM12/26/13
to Owen Carlton
OK, contact me off-list if you want... maybe you're using a
regex-capable search app and you're not properly entering (escaping)
the search string.

-- S.

Aaron Newton

Dec 26, 2013, 6:42:09 PM12/26/13
to mootools-users
Also, you’re about a million times more likely to find others who can help you if you post on the joomla forums.

-- S.

--

---

Owen Carlton

Dec 26, 2013, 7:25:58 PM12/26/13
to mootool...@googlegroups.com

Sorry to say, but Joomla Forum has not been of much help with this issue. I think it has them stumped also.

Nasho23

Dec 29, 2013, 2:33:11 AM12/29/13
to ghazal
Solved off-list via search/replace as above.

(Wow, Joomla! really does love late static binding + dynamic function
name assembly, eh?)

-- S.