mootools pollutes IE developer tools DOM Explorer?

Nico

Jan 21, 2016, 3:25:39 AM1/21/16
to MooTools Users
I wonder if i'm the only one...

it seems like whenever i use mootools scripts on a page and, for instance, add events to elements then these elements get totally unreadable in the IE developer tools DOM explorer because all the mootools methods are displayed there. This totally blows up the DOM explorer and i wonder if there is anything i could do to prevent this. I'm not sure if this happens also with other js frameworks.

Any hints?

Johnny Fuery

Jan 21, 2016, 4:06:58 AM1/21/16
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
That doesn't sound right, no.

I would suggest you post an example... if not a jsfiddle, at least a sample of your source and the result in your developer console.

Johnny Fuery
Merus, Inc.

--

---

Nico

Jan 21, 2016, 6:00:38 AM1/21/16
to MooTools Users
Thanks for your answer! After some testing i discovered this happens only if i set the document mode to IE8 or lower but not in IE9, 10 or Edge mode.

Unfortunately or site needs to run in Quirks (IE5) mode.

Here is a simple example:

watch the p tag in DOM explorer while you set the document mode to IE8 or lower...

Dimitar Christoff

Jan 21, 2016, 8:10:58 AM1/21/16
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
yes it's normal because Element.prototype in old IE was buggy and MooTools puts all methods on the element itself by copying.
--
Dimitar Christoff

"JavaScript is to JAVA what hamster is to ham"
@D_mitar - https://github.com/DimitarChristoff