Why are there no demos in the MooTools site anymore?

dukeofgaming

Dec 30, 2014, 9:00:50 PM12/30/14
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

MooTools taught me how to treat Javascript as a language instead of just "writing a quick script to solve my problem", and I remember the demos site capturing my imagination and actually inspiring me to go forward with my first big professional commercial project several years ago, however, as much as I like the new site is it a little bit disappointing not to be able to find that part of the site of the stuff the framework can do (and that also serves as reference documentation material)

I think a good demo of what can be done with MooTools could actually drive more people to use the framework and thus growing the community, strengthening the project.

Is adding a demo section to the site something being planned?, if not, is it something the community could help with?. Conversely, maybe the documentation could have some live examples?

Cheers,

David

Sérgio Crisóstomo

Dec 31, 2014, 3:13:41 AM12/31/14
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
Hi David!

Community help is really welcome, there is always things needing polish :)

About the Demos they are actually ready and just needing review to go online.
https://github.com/mootools/website/pull/201 so I suppose in some hours the demos are back.

Having more demos or running examples in the docs would be great, agree with you.
Maybe a first step would be to add more usefull demos here: https://github.com/mootools/mootools-demos if something is missing.

All the best for 2015!
Cheers,
Sérgio