MooTools Core 1.5.0 causes "An add-on for this website failed to run" in IE 9

觀看次數:73 次
跳至第一則未讀訊息

Michael

未讀,
2014年8月26日 上午11:17:2526/8/2014
收件者︰ mootool...@googlegroups.com
I have isolated an IE 9 issue we are encountering to MooTools Core 1.5.0. It did not happen before the upgrade, and only happens on some of our browsers.

Env:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1
- Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 (Update Versions 9.0.21)

Repro:
- load page that has mootools core.js included in the header.

I have methodically isolated the bug to the in the Element chunk of mootools code. I haven't dug into exactly what yet, but wanted to check if this is a known issue and/or if a fix already exists.

Thanks in advance,
Michael
Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 8.03.03 AM.png

Michael

未讀,
2014年8月26日 上午11:43:1026/8/2014
收件者︰ mootool...@googlegroups.com
I have further isolated it to this bit of code inside Element:
var hasCloneBug = (function(test){
  return test.cloneNode(true).firstChild.childNodes.length != 1;
})(document.createElement('div'));

When that is present the error appears in the browser. Is this a critical piece of code? Is there an alternative? Its nested inside of a <ltIE9> block which makes me think its there for IE8...

Thanks,
Michael

Sérgio Crisóstomo

未讀,
2014年8月26日 下午2:53:2026/8/2014
收件者︰ mootool...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

can you be more specific if the error is a warning or some loss of functionality?
There is a small fix in that code actually merged to come out with 1.5.1

Cheers,
Sérgio

--

---

kentaromiura

未讀,
2014年8月27日 上午11:33:2927/8/2014
收件者︰ mootool...@googlegroups.com
That's part of a feature detection that is needed to avoid an old IE bug with cloneNode not working correctly when objects elements are involved.

I think it fails because on windows server activex controls are disabled by default,
it is weird though as the object element doesn't have clsid so it shouldn't even try to create an ActiveX, but apparently it does.
it looks like an ie9 issue that I suspect is probably related to the activex whitelist feature.

Does this prevent you from running the page at all or just give that annoying warning?
Is it a reasonable solution adding the page to the trusted zone? It should work as long as trusted zone website are allowed to create ActiveX.

If that is not reasonable another solution if you don't plan to support IE8 anymore is to remove the old IE code using packager as arian explains here: http://mootools.net/blog/2012/08/13/optimizing-mootools-builds-sans-internet-explorer/

We need to investigate how to do a better feature detection there.

Michael

未讀,
2014年8月29日 下午1:25:5729/8/2014
收件者︰ mootool...@googlegroups.com
It is just a warning, but not an acceptable warning for users of this product to see.

The fix included in 1.5.1 does not impact the behaviour, warning still occurs.

Thanks for the heads up Sérgio.

Michael

未讀,
2014年8月29日 下午2:46:3629/8/2014
收件者︰ mootool...@googlegroups.com
This warning still occurs even if the site is in the trusted sites zone (which it always has been for me). It occurs both if ActiveX filtering is enabled or disabled for the trusted zone.

This clone bug that is being detected by using the <object> tag, does the bug only apply to cloning ActiveX objects and parameters? Or do other elements have clone issues in IE 8? IE 8 support is still needed... though we don't clone any objects, just simple elements like divs, images and spans. If it only applies to objects, then perhaps commenting out the faulting lines of code would be an okay fix for us?

It is just a warning, but not one we can have showing up.

Thanks for looking into it!
Michael

回覆所有人
回覆作者