Moolticute questions (encrypted backup, daemon restart, integrity)

"Marc Müller"

Dec 15, 2017, 11:20:20 AM12/15/17
to moolt...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

First time poster on this mailing list.
Thanks for the excellent tool that is the mooltipass mini.

I'm using moolticuted from start and I have a couple of questions:
- MoolticuteApp always doesn't recognize a running moolticuted which has to be restarted manually. How can I prevent that?
- The backup function in the MoolticuteApp doesn't seem to encrypt usernames and descriptions. Is this by design? Why?
- Debian package: the debian package doesn't provide any SysV Init-Scripts. AFAIK debian packages should not a require a specific init system to be used and work with all of them. Including a SysV-script would satisfy this requirement.

Many thanks for a quick feedback,
Marc

mathieu...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2017, 11:23:40 AM12/15/17
to Marc Müller, mooltipass
Hello Marc!

1) mooltiapp should never be run at the same time as moolticute. Please uninstall mooltiapp
2) it is indeed only implemented in moolticute right now. The short answer is: migration to moolticute
3) I'll let our development team know :)

Have a great day,
Mathieu

"Marc Müller"

Dec 16, 2017, 11:54:59 AM12/16/17
to mathieu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Hi Mathieu

Thanks for the quick reply!

Maybe I have been not so precise with my questions:
1) I'm not using the legacy mooltiapp, I'm talking about /usr/bin/moolticute from the new Debian package (I've been using the code from github before)
2) the export-function from moolticute doesn't seem to encrypt usernames. Is it possible to enable encryption for the usernames as well?
3) Thanks a lot!

Marc

> Gesendet: Freitag, 15. Dezember 2017 um 17:23 Uhr
> Von: "mathieu...@gmail.com" <mathieu...@gmail.com>
> An: "Marc Müller" <marc....@gmx.net>
> Cc: mooltipass <moolt...@googlegroups.com>
> Betreff: Re: [mooltipass] Moolticute questions (encrypted backup, daemon restart, integrity)
> email to mooltipass+...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mooltipass.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2017, 6:04:25 PM12/16/17
to Marc Müller, mooltipass
Hi Marc,

1) Oh sorry I actually misunderstood you. Could you maybe try installing moolticute through the appimage and see if that changes something?
2) If you didn't select the "generate mooltiapp compatible file" option, the usernames are encrypted.

Mathieu

> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mooltipass.
>
> --
Message has been deleted

Alan Rickayzen

Jan 20, 2018, 2:55:08 AM1/20/18
to mooltipass
Good catch with point 2.
I’d experimented by adding zero-knowledge passwords as IDs to avoid transferring them to the PC where they’re vulnerable. It seemed to work well in practice but now I know to switch off the compatible-backup flag.