Mooltipass Mini Status Update: Designing an Aluminum Case

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2016, 1:28:31 PM7/10/16
to mooltipass
Dear Mooltipass enthusiasts,

Here's our weekly status update:
- Our injection mould is currently being modified to make sure that we can remove the injection marks mentioned in our last email
- An aluminum case was designed and 5 units are currently being produced. We guestimate the aluminum version will be ~$25 more expensive than the plastic version.
- For assembly reasons, the aluminum case will be CNC machined and will have a brushed finish
- We should be able to take pictures of the assembled aluminum Mooltipass Mini by the end of next week
- We have shipped 7 Mooltipass Mini prototypes (which do have the injection marks) to hand picked beta testers
- We haven't sent yet emails to the rest of the selected beta testers

We're very sorry that things aren't progressing quicker, but as you can guess by proceeding this way we are making sure that the mass production will go smoothly when the kickstarter campaigns finishes.
Have a nice weekend,
Mathieu & the Development Team