Report on Threat to Software Passwword Managers

David Ehnebuske

Nov 22, 2014, 8:37:09 PM11/22/14
to moolt...@googlegroups.com
Thought this might be of interest:
http://threatpost.com/citadel-variant-targets-password-managers/109493

The image of the bad guy in the MP video pops to mind.

Dave

mathieu...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2014, 2:31:53 AM11/23/14
to David Ehnebuske, mooltipass
I think I'll write an update about this :)

Stefan Giroux

Nov 23, 2014, 8:16:48 AM11/23/14
to mathieu...@gmail.com, David Ehnebuske, mooltipass
This is related to our discussion earlier about injecting DLLs or reading process memory remotely. That is particularly why I like MP.

Eventually sometime somewhere a password will be 'plaintext' but having the master password off-line rocks :)

James

Nov 23, 2014, 10:25:20 AM11/23/14
to mooltipass
I would love for a physical switch or hardware means of making the device read only from the computer if it doesn't already exist. Nothing beats simple hard security like that.