Got my Mini! First impressions (Fedora/Win10)

Bruno Antunes

Apr 11, 2017, 10:49:04 AM4/11/17
to mooltipass
Yes!

Finally got my device, it's very nice - both build quality and the screen. The scrollwheel works fine, too. Glad to see we can just export the contents as a file to backup - a point of contention of mine when I got the bigger Mooltipass.

Chrome support works on Vivaldi browser, which is to be expected. The app is OK, but I wish there was an option to import password dumps from other services (I have a Keepass database). Mooltipy is also very useful, but it's weird that it makes the device unusable on the browser until I unplug/replug it. Apparently as soon as another tool talks to it, the browser extension stops recognizing it.

Too bad there's no Fedora version of the desktop app, but I got a Windows VM and it works fine.

Overall, quite happy! Knock detection works nicely too, and is a great usability feature. Too bad that when you knock to approve a new login being saved, you can't knock twice to save username AND password, you need to use the device's wheel to confirm the password (the knock only covers the username bit).

So yeah, if I were to change things, I'd have an official Fedora app RPM on the site, and would have an option to customize timeouts on the PIN lock, since unlocking it all the time time is a bit too secure - I feel like I'm always saying "nope, no hackers since 2 minutes ago" :D

Congrats on the team for the software tools, and for the device itself. Reason to be proud!

Cheers,

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2017, 10:52:01 AM4/11/17
to Bruno Antunes, mooltipass
Hello Bruno,

Thanks for reviving this google group! We have been extremely busy these past months and forgot to publish status updates here.

>>The app is OK, but I wish there was an option to import password dumps from other services (I have a Keepass database).
there is! look at our user manual ;)

Thanks for your feedback and first impressions! It really means a lot after all the work we've put into this project :).
Mathieu

Bruno Antunes

Apr 11, 2017, 11:13:35 AM4/11/17
to mooltipass, sardauk...@gmail.com
OK, didn't think an option would be hidden behind a magical cheatcode :D

I can't get the Chrome app or the desktop app to show the "Other" tab, though. I tried Control-L, then I, then M, and also Control-L,Control-I, Control-M with no result...

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2017, 11:14:58 AM4/11/17
to Bruno Antunes, mooltipass
keep pressing each key to end up with 4 keys pressed :)

Bruno Antunes

Apr 11, 2017, 11:23:10 AM4/11/17
to mooltipass, sardauk...@gmail.com
Ah, gotcha!

Two more questions, then: I've sent an email to get the password from support, but didn't receive a reply (I asked how to get my backer number - where is that info?) and also: what is the Random Starting Pin feature?

Thanks,

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2017, 11:31:48 AM4/11/17
to Bruno Antunes, mooltipass
Hello Bruno,

I'll actually be tackling your email in the coming days (as you can imagine, we're focusing on sw dev right now), you can skip the backer number request.
random starting pin: every time you want to unlock your card, the starting pin will be different.

Mathieu

Ele Gnap

May 7, 2017, 3:07:45 PM5/7/17
to mooltipass
I succeed to make it work on Fedora. At least with chrome  app && chrome extension ;-)

I wrote all that in: https://lgnap.helpcomputer.org/2017/05/mooltipass-on-fedora/

mathieu...@gmail.com

May 8, 2017, 2:33:46 AM5/8/17
to Ele Gnap, mooltipass