App & Extension Work Status

Kaspar Emanuel

Apr 3, 2015, 5:58:06 AM4/3/15
to mooltipass, Conrad Parker, Bjorn Wielens

Hi All,

this is a quick status update on the app and extension work. I was hoping to finish the export/import credential feature but Mathieu kind of threw me a curve ball changing the whole protocol around and asking me to do a release ASAP (so we have App 0.11.4 now).

I am half-way there though and I will try and find some time on the weekend to finish off import/export.

In much more exciting news I have found a sub-contractor to help out (Conrad, everyone, everyone, Conrad). Conrad has a lot of experience doing functional programming commercially in languages similar in style to Elm. He is familiar with Elm and has even written an open source web app to share graphics shaders. He is going to get started implementing the settings tab once he receives an MP.

Conrad has also worked out a new schedule according to time he can dedicate but some details still need to be ironed out before we can announce it.

Cheers,

Kaspar

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 6:09:52 AM4/3/15
to Kaspar Emanuel, Conrad Parker, Bjorn Wielens, mooltipass

Kaspar,

Mathieu kind of threw me a curve ball changing the whole protocol around and asking me to do a release ASAP

------
I'll ask you to be honest here and recognize that the  protocol hasn't changed at all, but only the command ids (simple defines). It is not my fault if your code  structuring caused you to spend more than the 5 minutes this should have taken.
From our chat on irc, this took you only one night. It has been a week since your last update.

I also don't appreciate the time it's taking for you to provide us with a new estimate. I apologize for being blunt but I don't appreciate being blamed for delays when all I did was ask you to change 40 numbers in your code.
Regards,
Mathieu

Kaspar Emanuel

Apr 3, 2015, 6:16:11 AM4/3/15
to mathieu...@gmail.com, Conrad Parker, Bjorn Wielens, mooltipass
I just meant that I had to spend half a day adapting to the new protocol IDs. There was a reason why they were defined in two places due to the way Elm works. Basically I had to spend the time making it more adaptable for future changes. Any further changes should just be 5 mins as you say. I wasn't trying to blame you, just explaining what I spent my time on.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 6:21:15 AM4/3/15
to Kaspar Emanuel, Conrad Parker, mooltipass, Bjorn Wielens

Hello Kaspar,

Then logically in the best case I should have only delayed the import export feature by half a day.

Regards.

Kaspar Emanuel

Apr 3, 2015, 6:26:54 AM4/3/15
to mathieu...@gmail.com, Conrad Parker, mooltipass, Bjorn Wielens
Mathieu, no arguing with that. Maybe I should have been more explicit.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2015, 1:43:13 PM4/6/15
to Kaspar Emanuel, Conrad Parker, mooltipass, Bjorn Wielens
Hello Kaspar,

I am half-way there though and I will try and find some time on the weekend to finish off import/export.
>> Could you provide us with an update on the import/export functionality?

Regards,
Mathieu