Basic authentication and OS system login

Joep Hein

Nov 7, 2014, 6:55:51 AM11/7/14
to moolt...@googlegroups.com
I found your project on Indiegogo. I am a long term loyal LastPass user and have a few questions.
Will Mooltipass support sites with multiple username fields? It is not so common but still it could be a good feature https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18

How does it work with basic authentication dialogs? This is where most SW based Password managers fall short. See https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=275 for more details.

How does it work with for example OS system logins or any other programs like VPN managers, Outlook, Office asking for Sharepoint etc.? I assume the website detection is only possible when using the Chrome plugin. How easy is it to operate without this plugin.
Is it easy to select a profile and have the login data entered? Can I make some profiles favourite so they are the first in the list?

mathieu...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2014, 7:28:08 AM11/7/14
to Joep Hein, mooltipass
Hey Joep!

Will Mooltipass support sites with multiple username fields?
>> At the moment we don't support this feature. I know that in some cases banks uses multiple fields for logins...

How does it work with basic authentication dialogs?
>> As of a few weeks ago password credential recall functionality works with http auths on chrome but not credential capture. You'd therefore need to use our chrome app to manual enter your credentials for a given domain but once this is done you'll be good to go.

How does it work with for example OS system logins or any other programs like VPN managers, Outlook, Office asking for Sharepoint etc.?
>> In that case you'd manually add services with our app and use either our login or favorite menu to recall your credentials (see our latest update). But in the future it might be possible that we develop a standalone app that would ease this process.

Cheers,
Mathieu

Josh Watts

Nov 7, 2014, 8:23:47 AM11/7/14
to Joep Hein, mooltipass

On Nov 7, 2014 6:55 AM, "Joep Hein" <joep...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found your project on Indiegogo. I am a long term loyal LastPass user and have a few questions.
> Will Mooltipass support sites with multiple username fields? It is not so common but still it could be a good feature https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18

Hrm, it doesn't seem to be in the FAQ, but yes: for any site you may store multiple credentials. If only one is stored then you get a simple yes/no dialog on the MP. Otherwise, you can see up to 4 credentials per screen, with navigation forward and back between groups of 4 credentials.

> How does it work with basic authentication dialogs? This is where most SW based Password managers fall short. See https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=275 for more details.

Good question: currently I believe you need to use the manual password entry described below, though I've heard that Chrome and Firefox are working on an API for plugins to handle auth requests.

> How does it work with for example OS system logins or any other programs like VPN managers, Outlook, Office asking for Sharepoint etc.? I assume the website detection is only possible when using the Chrome plugin. How easy is it to operate without this plugin.
> Is it easy to select a profile and have the login data entered? Can I make some profiles favourite so they are the first in the list?

Right now the only automated software available is limited to your Chrome, but the MP interface allows you to manually enter a credential's user name and password as if you typed it directly. (See the video just posted on the indigogo of an unmodified MP working with an unmodified iDevice)

There is also a favorites feature that allows you quick access to at least 4 credentials (haven't used this feature yet myself).

(I believe we also had a proof of concept in Firefox. IE could be supported but would require a great deal more effort)

Josh Watts

Nov 7, 2014, 8:25:08 AM11/7/14
to mathieu...@gmail.com, Joep Hein, mooltipass

Oh, oops, I misunderstood multiple fields as multiple credentials. Sorry about that :-)