Tresorit Login

Torsten Meyer

Jul 9, 2017, 6:19:39 AM7/9/17
to mooltipass
Hi,

I tried out Tresorit (tresorit.com) and encountered some big problems in combination with Mooltipass Mini.

- As soon as I try to login using MM it happens from time to time (more often than not...) that the password and/or the login name is appearing in the URL of the website in form of ?password=xxxxxxxxx (login works, and after navigating around a bit at the website that information disappears and everything seems to be ok). The big problem with this is, that the URL could get synchronized with Google if the user has activated the Sync-Funcion in Chrome. Didn't try Firefox but I suppose there could be the same problem. That's the only site I encountered this strange behaviour so far.

- With activiated 2 Factor Authentication (no matter what kind) the website jumps back to the login screen as soon as the login and password were entered by MM. So no login is possible until 2FA gets deactivated.

Greets
Torsten

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2017, 6:23:14 AM7/9/17
to Torsten Meyer, mooltipass
Hello Torsten,

Wow, that's a big problem indeed!
I wonder if this couldn't be explained by a poor handling of submit events on tresorit website...

Anyway, we'll investigate and fix it ASAP.
Regards,
Mathieu

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2017, 9:03:20 AM7/15/17
to Torsten Meyer, mooltipass
Hello Torsten,

We've recently pushed a newer version of our extension to our testers.
As tresorit needs a paid account, we unfortunately weren't able to check if that solved this bug.
Would you be able to uninstall your chrome extension, and install our testers only version (1.1.84) here?

Thanks!
Mathieu

Torsten Meyer

Jul 15, 2017, 9:26:46 AM7/15/17
to mooltipass, knodde...@posteo.de
Hi Mathieu,

the version shown in the store is 1.1.83 from 08.07.2017? Is 1.1.84 a typo?

Greetings
Torsten

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Torsten Meyer <knodde...@posteo.de> wrote:
[...]

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2017, 9:27:51 AM7/15/17
to Torsten Meyer, mooltipass
Hi Torsten,

Nope... it was being pushed and now the store correctly display 1.1.84 :)

Mathieu

Torsten Meyer

Jul 15, 2017, 9:43:07 AM7/15/17
to mooltipass, knodde...@posteo.de
Ahh... OK :)

Well, login works now without the password and the username being shown in the URL (I tried it a few times now).

But there is still one little bug with 2 Factor Authentication. The login works and the 2FA-Screen appears. The extension seems to enter a string (or maybe just a Return without a string) to the Authenticator field and the Tresorit Page shows an error message on top of the page but stays on the page. So I can enter the right 2FA-Code and am able to login to the site.

Good so far, as it is now useable for Tresorit.

Greetings
Torsten

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2017, 10:05:33 AM7/15/17
to Torsten Meyer, mooltipass
Hello Torsten,

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
I'm afraid that without access to tresorit we won't be able to fix that tiny bug though :/. We'll however see if we can find other 2FA related problems, hopefully they may be the same as yours!
FYI you may keep that extension installed, as it gets our newest updates one or two weeks before they're pushed to the main one.

Cheers!
Mathieu

Torsten Meyer

Jul 15, 2017, 10:10:44 AM7/15/17
to mooltipass, knodde...@posteo.de
Hello again,

I'm happy that I can use it now. Thanks.

BTW: Tresorit offers a 14 days trial without costs ;)

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!
Torsten

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2017, 10:13:54 AM7/15/17
to Torsten Meyer, mooltipass
Oh... then we shall try that then! Hopefully they won't ask for a credit card number ;)

Mathieu

Torsten Meyer

Jul 15, 2017, 10:15:16 AM7/15/17
to mooltipass, knodde...@posteo.de
They will ask for a CC # but won't charge you if you cancel the membership in time.

Greets
Torsten

Torsten Meyer

Jul 15, 2017, 10:35:04 AM7/15/17
to mooltipass, knodde...@posteo.de
Ah, just one last information: in Tresorit's failed login history, each login is recognized with 3 failed attempts to login. So it seems the extension is entering something several times not just one time at the 2FA-Screen.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2017, 11:59:49 AM7/15/17
to Torsten Meyer, mooltipass
oh... we'll look into it then :)