Issues with scroll wheel

已查看 80 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jonathan Gordon

未读,
2017年10月22日 21:14:112017/10/22
收件人 mooltipass
I received my Mooltipass back in May. I have been really delighted with it. I carry it in my laptop case and /or leave it on my desk. After 4 or 5 months I started noticing that when turning the scroll wheel it dones not increment properly, It sometimes goes from 1 to 4 back to 1 and sometimes skips ahead to letters. I fear that it may be headed for failure. Still love the product , just want to know what I need to do to get this fixed or replaced.
Jonathan Gordon

mathieu...@gmail.com

未读,
2017年10月23日 01:24:392017/10/23
收件人 Jonathan Gordon、mooltipass
Hello Jonathan,

We actually have a firmware update for that!
Simply send me your serial number.

Regards,
Mathieu

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 3:14 AM, Jonathan Gordon <desertr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I received my Mooltipass back in May. I have been really delighted with it. I carry it in my laptop case and /or leave it on my desk. After 4 or 5 months I started noticing that when turning the scroll wheel it dones not increment properly, It sometimes goes from 1 to 4 back to 1 and sometimes skips ahead to letters. I fear that it may be headed for failure. Still love the product , just want to know what I need to do to get this fixed or replaced.
Jonathan Gordon

Julian Foad

未读,
2017年10月23日 05:56:202017/10/23
收件人 mooltipass
Mine has what might be the same issue. When I roll the wheel slowly forward and back, keeping my thumb gently on it, moving one whole click or less in each direction, as part of "homing in" on the number I need, quite often it counts forward (let's say to 6) when I roll forward, then back (to 5) when I roll back, then nothing changes when I roll forward a bit, then it counts back (to 4), and so on. So the tactile feedback does not match the counting.

I have used it very little since new so I don't think it is damaged or worn out.

Mathieu Stephan wrote:
We actually have a firmware update for that!

Is this the update: "algorithm redesign for scroll wheel problems" ?

Does that update resolve the sort of issue that I describe?

If so, I would like to try it. I will send you my serial number.

Thanks,
- Julian

mathieu...@gmail.com

未读,
2017年10月23日 05:58:182017/10/23
收件人 Julian Foad、mooltipass
Hello Julian,

This issue is indeed fixed by the commit you linked. In short, it filters out abnormal behavior.

You may send me your serial number!
Mathieu

Jonathan

未读,
2017年10月23日 21:39:402017/10/23
收件人 mathieu...@gmail.com、mooltipass

Serial Number: MPM-2191

mathieu...@gmail.com

未读,
2017年10月24日 01:18:002017/10/24
收件人 Jonathan、mooltipass
Hello Jonathan,

Here it is!

Regards,
Mathieu
updatefile_2191_d35216c2723c58f287fb16a52d8045fb.img

Dennis Klein

未读,
2017年10月24日 16:55:362017/10/24
收件人 mooltipass
Hey,

this is the same behaviour I noticed as well during the last couple of weeks more and more often.

mathieu...@gmail.com

未读,
2017年10月24日 16:58:332017/10/24
收件人 Dennis Klein、mooltipass
Hello Dennis,

Simply send me your serial number and I'll have a fw update for you.

Regards,
Mathieu

Jonathan

未读,
2017年10月24日 23:31:432017/10/24
收件人 mathieu...@gmail.com、mooltipass

Mathieu,
That worked beautifully,thank you :)
By the way I love the product and the service.
Jonathan

mathieu...@gmail.com

未读,
2017年10月25日 01:27:522017/10/25
收件人 Jonathan、mooltipass
Thanks a lot for the kind words Jonathan!
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子