Direct input mode possible?

Bruno Antunes

Apr 16, 2017, 8:16:37 AM4/16/17
to mooltipass
I just needed to input a password on my Android TV set top box, and it has a USB port, so I plugged my Mini in, but it can only display the password - any chance for a "input this password now" option?

Cheers,

Pierre

Apr 16, 2017, 8:54:49 AM4/16/17
to Bruno Antunes, mooltipass
Hello,

On 16 Apr 2017, at 14:16, Bruno Antunes <sardauk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just needed to input a password on my Android TV set top box, and it has a USB port, so I plugged my Mini in, but it can only display the password - any chance for a "input this password now" option?

If your MPM only offers you to display the credentials, it means the device you’ve connected it to didn’t attempt to populate it as an HID device. In other words: it didn’t even attempt to use it as a keyboard, but only provides power. Please refer to your set top box documentation to see whether you can actually plug a generic keyboard/HID device on it, rather than only mass storage devices.

Regards,

Pierre

Bruno Antunes

Apr 16, 2017, 10:44:50 AM4/16/17
to mooltipass, sardauk...@gmail.com
Thanks, Pierre, that makes sense. My PC has the option to input it, but not the Shield TV. Guess it doesn't support keyboards :|