Compatibility between Mooltipass and Mooltipass Mini

Clint Chaplin

Apr 25, 2017, 6:54:13 PM4/25/17
to mooltipass
Can I transfer the backup files between the Mooltipass Original and Mooltipass Mini?

--
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin

David Ehnebuske

Apr 25, 2017, 9:10:58 PM4/25/17
to moolt...@googlegroups.com

Hi Clint,

Yes, you can do that. I did it with mine and it worked like a champ. Just used my smart card from the original in the Mooltipass Mini and imported a backup I made using the original.

David

Message has been deleted

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2017, 5:32:15 AM4/30/17
to cyr...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Hello Cyrus,

When the unknown card message is displayed, simply start our app and you'll be invited to import your database backup file.

Mathieu

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 11:30 AM, <cyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi David,

I have received the mini and tried what you described but my mini says "Unknown Card" when I insert the card from the large mooltipass. When I insert a new large card the mini wants to setup a new user. In general the mini seems to work with large cards. At the other hand it seems when a card is initialized by the large mooltipass the mini does not like it anymore.
Maybe I missed a (for you obvious) step to get it working?

Thanks,

Cyrus

cyr...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2017, 5:35:07 AM4/30/17
to mooltipass

cyr...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2017, 6:13:17 AM4/30/17
to mooltipass, cyr...@gmail.com
Hello Mathieu,

Two times thank you! For the great device and your very fast answer.

You are right, when I start the MooltiApp it asks for a backup file to import. Unfortunately it waits with the message "Wait for the device confirmation" and the mini still says "Unknown Card" and no input is possible (I am using MultiApp at Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS), communication works fine with the small card in the mini).

Considering what you propose I am nor sure it will address what I want. Is it in general possible to syncronize an existing large Mooltipass with a large card with a Mooltipass Mini with a small card?

I assume the solution you proposed would always need the large card in the mini, right?

Thanks,

Cyrus

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2017, 6:32:36 AM4/30/17
to cyr...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Hello there,

Hmm, that's the second time this bug has been reported.... could you uninstall mooltiapp, install chromium & our chrome app and try again with it? It should work, while we try to find out why you're encountering this problem.
Did you add the udev rules?

Mathieu

Thanks,

Cyrus

cyr...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2017, 7:24:43 AM4/30/17
to mooltipass, cyr...@gmail.com
Hi Mathieu,

I have tried it with chrome app and it works.

udev is not a problem because communication is working fine with both mooltipasses when using their own cards.

In regard to my other question I found the (obvious) missing step. In case other user have the same question: Clone the large card in your mooltipass mini to a small card and then you can use both mooltipasses in parallel with its own card. Obvious, I know...

Cyros

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2017, 10:02:03 AM4/30/17
to cyr...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Hello Cyrus,

Can you let me know which Linux you have and confirm you had installed the latest mooltiapp?

cyr...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2017, 12:32:28 PM4/30/17
to mooltipass, cyr...@gmail.com
Sure, it is

Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS 64-bit
Kernel 4.4.0-75-generic x86_64

and I have installed

MooltiApp_2.0.76_amd64.deb

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2017, 3:17:00 PM4/30/17
to cyr...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Damn it... I can't reproduce it on the same platform... would it be possible to do a remote debugging session?

(do you mind if I install lots of stuff on your PC?)

cyr...@gmail.com

May 1, 2017, 5:19:45 AM5/1/17
to mooltipass, cyr...@gmail.com
Unfortunately not. I have the PC not at hand anymore and I would not agree to do it with a machine which is not mine.
I am sorry not able to support you but on my machine it works just fine.