All there questions, opinions, thoughts and hopes.

shykitten55

Apr 14, 2016, 5:11:07 PM4/14/16
to mooltipass
Folks,

I know it is not "the done thing" but I am trying to remain objective to the whole idea and find out if this is a good thing to buy or not.

I know if I don't know all the questions, I can't expect to get all the answers.

I am seeing a whole  swag of things now coming onto the market with similar functions and so that causes more confusion for people like me.

Some are hardware, some software and some:  a bit of both, sort of thing.

Coming here, I see all the questions and complaints people are having.  Not really helpful.

I am looking for a "simple" list of specifications of what the mooltipass does and doesn't do.

I know that in itself is not as easy as it sounds, and problematic.  But I am being up front about it and hope some of the designers can understand what I mean - I don't really know - and give me information which is helpful to me.

I appreciate that things are probably going to get more complicated than they are and I would like to get something which is Future Compatible.  Yes, being an Arduino and a sketch, it should be, but whether the needs will be covered easily.

For now I want something to store all my log ins and passwords.  But I can already see that is not as easy as it would seem, reading some of the threads.

That aside, I am also wanting to store other PRIVATE data like bank details and the like.  I am not sure if these things could be rationalised to "user name" and "password", but reading some of the posts, they can't.

So where would there be a good list of the specs?

Thanks in advance.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2016, 5:16:30 PM4/14/16
to shykitten55, mooltipass
Hello Shykitten,

Some are hardware, some software and some:  a bit of both, sort of thing.
>> Out of personal curiosity, what are our hardware competitors?

I am looking for a "simple" list of specifications of what the mooltipass does and doesn't do.
>> In short, credentials storage and recall with native integration in Chrome or manual password recall through the mooltipass user interface for any other service

I appreciate that things are probably going to get more complicated than they are and I would like to get something which is Future Compatible.  Yes, being an Arduino and a sketch, it should be, but whether the needs will be covered easily.
>> We are constantly working on our device, and many developers are joining us every month

For now I want something to store all my log ins and passwords.  But I can already see that is not as easy as it would seem, reading some of the threads.
>> Which threads are you referring to?

That aside, I am also wanting to store other PRIVATE data like bank details and the like.  I am not sure if these things could be rationalised to "user name" and "password", but reading some of the posts, they can't.
>> The mooltipass can store blobs of data, support in the app will be done hopefully in one or two months

Regards,
Mathieu

shykitten55

Apr 14, 2016, 5:45:47 PM4/14/16
to mooltipass, fuzzywu...@gmail.com

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 7:16:30 AM UTC+10, Mathieu Stephan wrote:
Hello Shykitten,

Some are hardware, some software and some:  a bit of both, sort of thing.
>> Out of personal curiosity, what are our hardware competitors?

Ok, I asked for that.  To be honest, I am not sure.   I just know (or seem to remember) seeing these ads about things which are supposed to do the same/similar things.

At the time, I wasn't really looking and so didn't really log the information.

I am looking for a "simple" list of specifications of what the mooltipass does and doesn't do.
>> In short, credentials storage and recall with native integration in Chrome or manual password recall through the mooltipass user interface for any other service

If I use FF, is there a difference?
You say CREDENTIALS and I shall take that as meaning specific things.  I am not sure on the limits of that and if some of the things I want to include in this term.

I appreciate that things are probably going to get more complicated than they are and I would like to get something which is Future Compatible.  Yes, being an Arduino and a sketch, it should be, but whether the needs will be covered easily.
>> We are constantly working on our device, and many developers are joining us every month

Yeah, I accept that but am not sure it helps with the question.   :)

For now I want something to store all my log ins and passwords.  But I can already see that is not as easy as it would seem, reading some of the threads.
>> Which threads are you referring to?

Again, this is not logged.  I joined this group and was reading it quite completely at the beginning but as I was reading the "complaints" I got put off and didn't keep up with the thread.

I think one example is like a "log in name" and "password" limitations.  I have got some passwords which are "non compliant" to certain systems.

Say, some want "alpha numeric" characters.   So: spaces, <, >, " and other such things are not allowed.
YET, other systems allow some of them.   It is annoying.

Although it is said "words" in passwords, but as an example I may use (say) an ENTIRE sentence.   It plays havoc with some sites, but not with other sites.  I am not saying that I use the same one on both either.

But where one site accepts something and another doesn't, I don't want to have the same problem with the device I use to store ALL my passwords.

That aside, I am also wanting to store other PRIVATE data like bank details and the like.  I am not sure if these things could be rationalised to "user name" and "password", but reading some of the posts, they can't.
>> The mooltipass can store blobs of data, support in the app will be done hopefully in one or two months

Ok, is there any better example of "blob" specifications?

Regards,
Mathieu

mathieu...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2016, 2:06:08 AM4/15/16
to shykitten55, mooltipass

Hello,

If I use FF, is there a difference?
You say CREDENTIALS and I shall take that as meaning specific things.  I am not sure on the limits of that and if some of the things I want to include in this term.
>> we currently do not have a firefox extension even if a couple of developers currently have our extension running on firefox. We hope to deploy it by the end of the year as Firefox will support webextensions.
Credentials is a broad term for login & passwords... for example I use the mooltipass to remember passwords of rar files...

Yeah, I accept that but am not sure it helps with the question.   :)
>> I'm not sure what answer you'd like... the USB bus isn't going to disappear any time soon so yes, we are future compatible.

Again, this is not logged.  I joined this group and was reading it quite completely at the beginning but as I was reading the "complaints" I got put off and didn't keep up with the thread.
>> This group opened a year before the device was even commercialized.

Say, some want "alpha numeric" characters.   So: spaces, <, >, " and other such things are not allowed.
>> They are, we support ASCII characters for manual password output

Although it is said "words" in passwords, but as an example I may use (say) an ENTIRE sentence.
>> Maximum password size is 31 chars.

Ok, is there any better example of "blob" specifications?
>> There is none, but this functionality is meant as a small file storage service (less than 10kb)

Regards