Our new Mooltipass Mini cards arrived! what do you think?

mathieu...@gmail.com

May 27, 2016, 12:45:58 PM5/27/16
to mooltipass
Hello everyone!

Here's an exclusive picture of the Mooltipass Mini cards:
Inline image 1

It's important to note that standard Mooltipass users will still be able to use their cards in the Mooltipass mini. The card you see above is just a shorten version of our card, with different graphics.
Thanks again to Bjorn who made its design!
Mathieu & the Development Team

Jesse Vallaro

May 27, 2016, 12:50:42 PM5/27/16
to mathieu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
I like the look and the artwork! Was there a design that had a separate logo on the part of the card that sticks out like on the MP cards? i do like the way it looks when inserted on the MP.

~Jesse

mathieu...@gmail.com

May 27, 2016, 12:55:53 PM5/27/16
to Jesse Vallaro, mooltipass
Hello Jesse,

Glad you like it!
As I'm sure you'll see, the part next to the key represents the scroll wheel that the Mooltipass Mini uses.

Mathieu

Jesse Vallaro

May 27, 2016, 12:59:47 PM5/27/16
to mathieu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
yes i was going to comment on that and bit my tongue as i realized their would be no more wheel :)

I had always been fond of the 90 rotated text that sticks out on the edge though.
--
~Jesse

David Ehnebuske

May 27, 2016, 1:32:56 PM5/27/16
to moolt...@googlegroups.com

Very nice, indeed. Bjorn did a great job on it, I say.

Here's something for you consideration: If an MPM card is inserted into a standard MP (or into a typical smart-card reader in some other device) it will disappear completely and become hard/impossible to get back out. I don't know enough about the manufacturing process you'll be using for these cards to know if there's a way to prevent that from happening. You could, for example make the part of the shortened card that sticks out of the MPM be wider than the standard card width or you could put a hole in the part of the card that sticks out and insert something through it -- a clip, ring, small grommet, button or ? -- to would prevent it for going all the way into a standard card reader.

Dave Ehnebuske

mathieu...@gmail.com

May 27, 2016, 1:39:18 PM5/27/16
to David Ehnebuske, mooltipass
Hello David!

That's a good idea... however the drawback is having a non flat card that wouldn't fit in your wallet though.

Brad Silcox

May 27, 2016, 2:20:37 PM5/27/16
to Mathieu Stephan, David Ehnebuske, mooltipass

What about an adhesive tab that could be folded over the card when store or used in the mini and unfilder to aid in retrieval from the original? I personally plan to use both mini and the original together leaving the original at home and keeping the mini on me.

Brad

uniacke1

May 27, 2016, 2:26:38 PM5/27/16
to Jesse Vallaro, mathieu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
If  I understand you correctly, the logo on these cards should protrude from the mini in the same way it does on the full size unit.

mathieu...@gmail.com

May 27, 2016, 2:52:52 PM5/27/16
to uniacke1, Jesse Vallaro, mooltipass
That is correct!

Hopefully we'll have pictures of our pre-production units in a week or two.
Don't forget to fill our survey if you want to get one of the 15 units sent for free: https://goo.gl/UJFP20

Cheers

David Ehnebuske

May 27, 2016, 3:49:09 PM5/27/16
to mooltipass

Yes, you're right, putting something on the smart card that makes it wallet unfriendly would not be good. A hole with a small grommet in it would make the card just a bit too thick to go all the way into a standard slot but still be thin enough for wallets. I bet even an embossed pattern in the portion that sticks out of the mini would be enough. It wouldn't take much to prevent the short version of the card from dropping all the way into the slot on a standard MP.

For Brad's scenario -- which will be common, I hope -- I think using the full-sized card in both the standard MP and in the MPM makes the most sense.

David Ehnebuske

William Garrido

Jun 3, 2016, 11:58:55 AM6/3/16
to mooltipass
The grommet could then double as a place to attach a lanyard or something.

David Ehnebuske

Jun 3, 2016, 12:43:34 PM6/3/16
to moolt...@googlegroups.com

Like this with my makeshift short card: