Moolticute v0.10 Release !

mathieu...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2017, 4:20:25 PM11/24/17
to mooltipass
Dear Mooltipass Enthusiasts,

I'm extremely happy to announce that we have just released Moolticute version 0.10!
This is a major milestone in the Mooltipass ecosystem as Moolticute now implements more features than both our Chrome App and MooltiApp.
I'll list some of them below:
- small file storage and recall
- improved backup file encryption
- full compatibility with the original mooltipass
- improved credential management mode interface
- possibility to merge backup files without deleting extra credentials on the device
- database synchronization using a service of your choice, by monitoring a given backup file (Database Backup Feature in the Synchronisation tab)

The last bullet point is the result of several weeks of intensive work and will be extremely useful to those of you who are using several mooltipass devices for a given user.
Moolticute will now automatically notify you when a given monitored file contains more recent credentials than the database on your device, and will then offer you to update the latter.
You'll also get a discrete prompt inviting you to update the monitored file if you've added credentials not present in this monitored file.
As you can guess, by "monitored file" we mean a backup file located within a directory synced over the multiple computers you may use using a service such as Dropbox.
Syncing multiple devices located at different places is now going to be way easier!

We now provide signed .exe / .dmg installers but also an AppImage that should (hopefully) install moolticute on most (if not all) Linux distributions out there!
We now invite you to uninstall MooltiApp, try Moolticute and let us know what you think of it.
Our beta testing phase is going extremely well and we would love more users and more feedback!

Finally, we're also happy to let you know that our store is currently offering a 10% discount (no code required) until cyber monday (included)!
Please let us know your feedback on Moolticute in this thread,
And have a great weekend!
Mathieu & the dev team.

Ken J

Nov 24, 2017, 4:28:20 PM11/24/17
to mathieu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
I assume we should download the installer from here?  https://github.com/mooltipass/moolticute/releases

-Ken

mathieu...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2017, 4:29:15 PM11/24/17
to Ken J, mooltipass
Hello Ken,

That is correct.

Mathieu

Jesse Vallaro

Nov 26, 2017, 8:55:15 PM11/26/17
to mathieu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
How does the SSH agent work on Linux now? The old doc mentions moolticute_ssh-agent binary that seems to have been deprecated.
~Jesse

mathieu...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 1:57:39 AM11/27/17
to Jesse Vallaro, mooltipass
Hello Jesse,

We still need to test and document this feature before enabling it in moolticute.
Hopefully raoul will answer your question in the meantime.

Mathieu

Raoul Hecky

Nov 27, 2017, 2:52:19 AM11/27/17
to Jesse Vallaro, mathieu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Hi,

The SSH agent has been renamed to mc-agent

--
Raoul Hecky

Ken Johnson

Dec 4, 2017, 12:33:17 AM12/4/17
to mooltipass
I just got around to installing moolticute on my Fedora 26 desktop, and wanted to share the differences in dependency names. These were the basic steps I took to build moolticute from source, in case you want to include build instructions on github (along side the ubuntu and arch instructions):

dnf install qt5 qt5-qtwebsockets qt5-qtwebsockets-devel qt5-qttools-devel

download moolticute tar.gz
extract tar.gz

cd moolticute-0.10.0-beta/
mkdir build
cd build/

qmake-qt5 ../Moolticute.pro
make

The problem I seem to be having now is when entering credential management mode, it freezes at 22% "Loading credentials for discordapp.com", and sits there forever with the spinning circle animation. If I click away to another tab within moolticute, then come back, it has the button to enter credential management mode again, but the MPM never left management mode, and thus has to be power cycled to attempt again. I am launching moolticute directly from the build directory as myself (not as root), and no errors are being reported, only 3 INFO messages from startup.

I tried this build on windows (with the v0.10.0-beta.exe provided on github) on this same desktop (dual boot OS's) and moolticute works fine.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2017, 2:20:55 AM12/4/17
to Ken Johnson, mooltipass
Hello Ken,

Thanks for the details!
Did you add the udev rules? The few times we had this problem it was because of that.

Mathieu