Mooltipass Mini Status Update: Starting to Shoot the Kickstarter Video Scenes

mathieu...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2016, 10:51:34 AM8/28/16
to mooltipass
Hello Mooltipass Enthusiasts!

Inline image 1
With the beautiful weather we're having this week in Switzerland we started shooting several scenes for our Kickstarter video!

In other news:
- the beta testers units sent using standard shipping are starting to be received
- we 'hid' in our main website a way to be notified of the KS launch: https://www.themooltipass.com
- in any case, a message will be sent to this group when the campaign starts in the middle of September
- we still have 3 mooltipass prototypes to send to new beta testers (do you have something important which warrants a mini? sends us a message!)

Have a great week!
Mooltipass & the Development Team

Chris Huitema

Aug 31, 2016, 3:31:04 AM8/31/16
to mooltipass
Looking Sharp!

I would love a Mini prototype, i really want to dig in and try and get 2fa implemented but I'm too scared to mess up my main Mooltipass so having one to develop with would be handy.

So with the Mini you have moved away from the arduino platform? What toolchain are you using for compiling? is there a closed github for the mini firmware?

Cheers,

Chris

mathieu...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2016, 3:34:36 AM8/31/16
to Chris Huitema, mooltipass
Hello Chris,

Could you tell us a bit more about your background? Implementing 2fa isn't a small task.
The mini firmware is already on the main repo, selecting it is as simple as setting a define.

Cheers,
Mathieu

Ken Johnson

Sep 25, 2016, 9:33:56 PM9/25/16
to mooltipass, chris....@gmail.com
I have thought long and hard about an implementation of a 2FA only firmware for the MPM and over-writting my MPM v1 firmware, I just haven't had the time recently to get started in such an endeavor.

Perhaps we could all collaborate on an alternative MPM firmware to accomplish 2FA. I've even considered soldering in a small RTC to fully support TOTP.

Mathieu, is a simple schematic of the MPM v1, v2, and v3 available that shows what pins of the Atmega32u4 are connected out to all the components (LCD, smartcard, EEPROM, LEDs, wheel, joystick, accel, etc)?
I'm sure I could trace everything out to find this info, but would be much easier if it was provided straight from the source :)

mathieu...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016, 12:53:22 AM9/26/16
to Ken Johnson, mooltipass, Chris Huitema
Hello Ken,

There you go :)

Mathieu

--
schematics.pdf

Clint Chaplin

Sep 26, 2016, 12:59:55 PM9/26/16
to mathieu...@gmail.com, Ken Johnson, mooltipass, Chris Huitema
Accelerometer?  How is that used?
--
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin

mathieu...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016, 1:02:14 PM9/26/16
to Clint Chaplin, Ken Johnson, mooltipass, Chris Huitema
Hey Clint!

See below:
Inline image 1

Clint Chaplin

Sep 26, 2016, 1:28:43 PM9/26/16
to mathieu...@gmail.com, Ken Johnson, mooltipass, Chris Huitema
Oh, now that is cool!  I am assuming the original Mooltipass does not have this feature.
--
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin

mathieu...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016, 1:39:49 PM9/26/16
to Clint Chaplin, Chris Huitema, Ken Johnson, mooltipass

It didn't indeed!

Ken Johnson

Sep 26, 2016, 9:32:56 PM9/26/16
to mooltipass, gigaw...@gmail.com, chris....@gmail.com
Awesome, thank you!

Ken J

Sep 26, 2016, 10:25:48 PM9/26/16
to mooltipass, Mathieu Stephan
For the MPM v1, what pins did the joystick connect to? Did the wheel use the same pins as the v2? I recall the DFU mode enable pin changing at one point from the joystick click to the wheel click.

Or, short version, do you also have a schematic for an MPM v1 :D  I didn't find anything in a search on the git repo, besides a reference to one on your C:/ drive :)
--
-Ken

mathieu...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2016, 1:31:24 AM9/27/16
to Ken J, mooltipass
Indeed!

I'll send you these schematics in private to not confuse people.